Diamond Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Diamond Men Reviews

February 10, 2008
I LOVE this movie. It was so easy to get attached to Bobbie and Eddie, even though they are polar opposites. The ending was surprising, but definatly fitting.
January 10, 2008
Hey. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this movie?
December 17, 2007
This is a life-lesson with a twist kinda story - well plotted, great character contrast...and not for the average Hollywood movie buff. More the Dendy, SBS, Palace kind of audience. Very classy! But then, that's Robert Forster. Understated and brilliant at the same time.
½ November 14, 2007
Iā??m pretty sure Iā??ve driven some of these very roads in Pennsylvania! So the geography is more palpable than in Lucky Numbers and the familiarity is an asset. The desperation of the wholesale trade is effectively conveyed. Wahlberg reminds me more of David Duchovny than his younger brother Mark. But the silliness of the repeated visits to the brothel, notwithstanding how funny they are (and some will appreciate the toplessness) do play against the apprehension the characters should be feeling.
½ September 19, 2007
good movie! kinda cute!
½ August 21, 2007
in the store, this seemed like it would be interesting and the "two big thumbs up!" on the cover pretty much sold me on it. i don't know how on earth it got that. i was hoping it would be a heist movie. it wasn't. it was really bad, really slow, really gross, and really stupid. it also looks like it was released in 1980 instead of 2000.
½ August 12, 2007
it sounded interesting, but its soooooooo slow and boring, you really lose interest after the the first 20 min or so, and wtf?i didnt know this was made in 2000? it has a real early 90's feel to it.
August 11, 2007
i love donnie in this movie. I really dont think i would recomend this to anyone.
CloudIsAMonkey
June 21, 2007
You could sell them for a fortune!!
June 8, 2007
Great Movie. Donnie Wahlberg's character is the polar exteme of Robert Forster's character but they are both likable and I enjoyed the movie alot.
June 6, 2007
This was a great movie, slight acting problems or not. Robert Forster could make up for anything though hes amazing one of my absolutely favorite actors.
½ January 29, 2007
Too slow and drawn out for what they wanted to do with the story. But the actors were good, even if one was the bad boy of New Kids On The Block
Harlequin68
January 27, 2007
[font=Century Gothic]In "Diamond Men", Eddie Miller(Robert Forster) has been a traveling diamond salesman for the past thirty years in central Pennsylvania but because of a recent heart attack, he cannot be insured anymore. The only chance he has to keep his job is to train his successor, Bobby Walker(Donnie Wahlberg), a brash newcomer, whose only experience is maintaining vending machines.[/font]
[font=Century Gothic][/font]
[font=Century Gothic]"Diamond Men" is a modest slice-of-life movie that is as much about respecting the traditions of the past and small towns, as it is about not fearing what will come next. And it is helped enormously by a splendid performance by Robert Forster. But I don't know how I feel about the ending.[/font]
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this
½ October 21, 2006
Donnie's great in this one!