Diana - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Diana Reviews

½ February 26, 2015
Half a star for Douglas Hodge, half a star for Naomi Watts' prosthetic nose. Another half for the hilarity of this movie; which is of course, not correct.
February 22, 2015
This movie is an insult to the late princess Diana. The terrible script and awful performance by watts fails to depict the truth about the life and personality of her highness.
February 22, 2015
Diana could have had so much potential especially with Naomi Watts' evident effort with her character but unfortunately, the movie is a disappointing failure due to poor directing and an undermining script.
½ February 21, 2015
It was definitely a little bit of a let down considering there was barely a glimpse of her children and her relationship with the royal family even after her divorce, but it also wasn't as bad as critics make it out to be.
February 17, 2015
I really enjoyed this and had no idea this story actually occurred leading up to her death. Naomi Watts was very good and even looked very much like the real Diana. Good chemistry between her and Naveen Andrews. I don't know if the directors were trying to identify that Diana wanted to be followed by the media and whether her death was her own doing.
½ January 24, 2015
A very sad love story. Good acting but bad script, I think.
½ December 20, 2014
In almost every way this film is unwatchable. Naomi Watts gives an uneven performance which is matched by a worse and frighteningly cheesy and cringeworthy script. The only compliment I can honestly give to the film is that its aestically pleasing visually. It doesnt look like it was produced on a budget of $2. It is also baffling that, Watts excluded, they would choose an unknown supporting cast in a film that depicts one of the royal family's, and history's most appreciated individuals. A disgrace to the woman herself who fortunately wont have to watch it as it is reserved for those in hell
November 8, 2014
A unique and untold story of Diana's secret love. No idea if it was true but it was interesting nonetheless.
½ October 17, 2014
HORRIBLE! BORING, BORING, BORING! Naomi Watts struck me as too old to play the role of Diana and failed to capture Diana's demeanor & charm & poise. Watched about 45% of this movie then stopped as it was such a DRAG! Not enough content here to pull you in! Very artificial in feel!
October 4, 2014
"Somewhere beyond right
and wrong there is a garden.
I will meet you there."
½ October 3, 2014
Admirable costumes, hairstyling, & acting by Watts & Andrews. I microscopic view of a lesser-publicized period of Diana's post-Charles life. Can't vouch for its authenticity nor shall I delve deeper into the facts, for this movie puts forward an alternate view as a woman simply seeking love and acceptance, away from the weight of the public eye and its expectations.
½ September 30, 2014
I hate that critic reviews tie into my reviews at the end cuz this movie was amazing!
½ September 22, 2014
A biographical movie of princess Diana. It tells the story of her last two years of life, especially the romance side. A better movie than I anticipated. I think Jessica Chastain would have been also a good choice to play the role princess Diana, anyway Naomi Watts excelled in her opportunity. The movie did not fail because of the cast, characters and performances, the thing is I really don't know why, different people say different reason, but I enjoyed it. This real incident was happened when I was a little kid, I did not know the whole story then till I watch it now.

''There's about 5 billion people on this planet who can say
they love me! But is there one who can stay with me?''

After all Diana was also a human like everybody else and I did not find anything wrong with her romantic affair in her final days. In fact, as a cinematic it chronicles on the sufficient amount of limited characters. Lots of the big names were just left out. That's great because the movie had all the time to concentrate on the particular relationship. Except that I waited for the end tragedy scene which never came. I assumed, that could have been the highlight of the movie, which might have brought the tears. So I believe it is a great let down, the movie did not have the car crash scene. Especially the real reason behind it remains fishy and mystery. Naveen Andrews was great, but he was no way near to Hasnat Khan in appearance.

There might be some flaws in the movie, because in the biopics people often complain about many things. Those who observed all this incident closely at that time when it happened may recognize errors. But I feel modification sometimes need while transforming a real life to cinematic. Like any romantic movie it can be enjoyed by everyone who love biography. I did and liked it, certainly not a class movie like it should have been.
September 22, 2014
The script is poorly written, But Naomi Watts and the nice visuals are what make the film watch able.
½ September 16, 2014
I've long found Diana, Princess of Wales, fascinating. Nothing too new in the film but nice to see her brought to life again. They obviously did a lot of research because I recognized many of her outfits from pictures.
½ September 7, 2014
I couldnīt understand parts after break up, that what it was all about. Nice look to how lonely life in palace could be though.
September 6, 2014
Credible performances by Naomi & Naveen. Movie could've gone so wrong, but it has a heart.
½ September 1, 2014
Mildly interesting, but mostly dull. Details the last two years of Princess Diana's life, and especially her relationship with Pakistani heart surgeon Hasnat Khan.

The fact that the movie concentrates on this one relationship means its already doomed to be mediocre at best. Romantic-dramas are generally dull, formulaic affairs and romantic biopics are even worse, as they smack of voyeurism. This movie is no different: the romantic side is dull and schmaltzy.

What prevents this movie from being a total waste of time is the other aspects of Diana's life: her untiring work for a number of causes, and the results of these efforts, being one. More darkly, the invasiveness of the paparazzi, and media in general, is examined. Pity the movie didn't examine how they contributed directly to her death...

Naomi Watts' performance in the lead role is quite weak. Supporting cast, especially Naveen Andrews, are fine.
½ August 30, 2014
She looks like she is acting, so that is bad acting.