Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules Reviews

November 1, 2016
While not the best of the series, I still think it has enough laughs to entertain younger viewers and fans of the book series.
October 3, 2016
definitely better and funnier than the first movie
½ August 12, 2016
Though the plot is mixed with the 2nd and 3rd books, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules is still an enjoyable movie.
July 30, 2016
Better than the original and quite cute and funny
½ July 16, 2016
In my opinion, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules is a bit better than the original. It's still hilarious and I think it captured the spirit of the book. I really liked seeing Greg and Rodrick trying to get along, and when it gets to the more sentimental scenes, it really works. I liked it when Greg humiliated himself just to make Rodrick happy. That was so sweet of him. Entertaining, funny, and sweet, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules is a nice family treat and my favorite film out of the three.
May 5, 2016
There's not a lot to say about Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules that doesn't also apply to the first film. It's more of the same of these characters: whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. The only major difference is the decision to focus more on the relationship between Greg and Rodrick than the former's middle school life, which actually leads to some touching, if melodramatic, moments. However, it's even more disjointed and even more over the top than the predecessor, and that really hurts the film's sense of humor. Consider it a step down from the first film, but if that one entertained you, this one will likely entertain you too.
February 2, 2016
One of my favorite movies, it's really good and funny
December 22, 2015
41/100 - Somehow, some way, this actually isn't a piece of crap. There's more to like about Rodrick Rules than the first Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. It's a little wittier, a little better on the acting front, and the gags and situational humor actually works. There's not nearly as much bodily function humor as you'd expect, which made this a decently pleasant surprise that isn't all that bad if there's nothing else on TV.
½ November 25, 2015
A nice sequel that is quite funny and amusing almost in the same level of the adorable first movie, with its own share of good moments even though it did not make me laugh as hard as that one.
November 24, 2015
Rodrick Rules is a funny and entertaining film with plenty of good laughs to go around while also giving some fun moments of childhood angst s and relatable moments.
½ September 12, 2015
This movie is underrated. I really enjoyed this movie. Best in the series of movies. 71%
August 24, 2015
While many problems from the first reside, Diary of a wimpy kid 2 is more consistent and likable than it's predecessor, thanks to an increased amount of brotherly chemistry between Greg and his brother.
August 21, 2015
No better than the first, it's basic comedy at it's most ordinary. Perhaps Gordon and Capron have become improved as actors, but nothing special or different to the rest of lowbrow generic comedies.
½ August 14, 2015
I didn't like this sequel to Diary of a wimpy kid very much at all. There isn't nearly as much laughs as there were in the first one, there was a few definitely some laughs but not enough to make this film necessarily funny. On the other hand the acting is still pretty good and I didn't see any bad acting in this film which saves this film for being terrible. I generally find that sequels or prequels are never as good and overall I was quite disappointed with this film, David Bowers could have done a bit better.
½ August 2, 2015
Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules is a fairly funny sequel to the first Wimpy kid movie, but failed to do justice to the book it's based on
½ July 27, 2015
It was better than part one . Most of my family liked it including me.
June 25, 2015
honey lol cool movie and book
½ June 7, 2015
This wasn't as good as the first one in my opinion. C
May 24, 2015
Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules is a great sequel, and is way more better than the first. The directors really worked this up and did a great job. Highly recommend it!
½ May 16, 2015
Better than the first one!!!!