Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules Reviews

May 20, 2017
Ugh. A bad sequel to an already bad movie. They are really proud of these movies, too!
May 20, 2017
The greatest movie I have ever seen when judging purely on the consistent amount of enjoyment I get from it. Good stuff.
May 19, 2017
Rodrick Rules is a funny and entertaining film with plenty of good laughs to go around while also giving some fun moments of childhood angst.
½ May 13, 2017
my guilty pleasure. I know it sucks
May 11, 2017
The film's plot is only slightly acceptable, but the changes from the book do help to make it a small recommendation.
March 31, 2017
Great quality movie????
March 28, 2017
It never gets old, I'm always laughing at this movie. It's my favorite one in the series.
#NOTMYRODRICK
March 18, 2017
The are some moments that made me smile.
½ March 14, 2017
I've gotta say that this was one case where the movie was better then the book! The way they changed the focus of the story to be on the two brothers, Greg and Rodrick, forming a brotherly bond over time was definitely a plot point that was done MUCH better in the movie that wasn't even existent in the book. The plot just felt much more real and down to earth to me. Not to mention that the movie was perfectly cast, with a stand-out performance by Devon Bostick as Rodrick. However, the rest of the cast did a spectacular job of playing their parts and making their characters feel real. Another note-worthy detail that needs to be pointed out is that the set design and the locations that were used in the film were fantastic and were a great fit for the type of movie this was. Though it does have some small flaws, I would still say that this is a great movie, probably the best in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, that you should watch.
March 12, 2017
It was better than first one in many ways. It was more entertaining and funny. This movie was very enjoyable and won't get old too fast. Too bad there is going to be a reboot.
February 27, 2017
BEST MOVIE EVEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!! RODERICK RULEZ BROOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
½ February 16, 2017
Obsesi, rahasia dalam keluarga, sampai hubungan kakak adik yang dikemas menjadi sebuah paket yang lebih menarik dari sebelumnya pada film ini, sehingga patut untuk tidak dilewatkan dan dinikmati bersama keluarga.
½ January 18, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 10, 2017
I liked this better than the original, but still has some issues. However it is still an entertaining & fun film.
November 1, 2016
While not the best of the series, I still think it has enough laughs to entertain younger viewers and fans of the book series.
October 3, 2016
definitely better and funnier than the first movie
½ August 12, 2016
Though the plot is mixed with the 2nd and 3rd books, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules is still an enjoyable movie.
July 30, 2016
Better than the original and quite cute and funny
½ July 16, 2016
In my opinion, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules is a bit better than the original. It's still hilarious and I think it captured the spirit of the book. I really liked seeing Greg and Rodrick trying to get along, and when it gets to the more sentimental scenes, it really works. I liked it when Greg humiliated himself just to make Rodrick happy. That was so sweet of him. Entertaining, funny, and sweet, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules is a nice family treat and my favorite film out of the three.
May 5, 2016
There's not a lot to say about Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules that doesn't also apply to the first film. It's more of the same of these characters: whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. The only major difference is the decision to focus more on the relationship between Greg and Rodrick than the former's middle school life, which actually leads to some touching, if melodramatic, moments. However, it's even more disjointed and even more over the top than the predecessor, and that really hurts the film's sense of humor. Consider it a step down from the first film, but if that one entertained you, this one will likely entertain you too.