Dick Tracy, Detective Reviews

• Mar 08, 2017

So-so. Might've been better if Ralph Byrd had been playing Dick Tracy.

So-so. Might've been better if Ralph Byrd had been playing Dick Tracy.

• Mar 11, 2014

Fun and Exciting little B-Gem--Dick Tracy vs Splitface!!

Fun and Exciting little B-Gem--Dick Tracy vs Splitface!!

• Apr 15, 2013

I own this on DVD in a two movie pack along with: * Dick Tracy's Dilemma (1947)

I own this on DVD in a two movie pack along with: * Dick Tracy's Dilemma (1947)

• Mar 11, 2013

A fun B-movie adaptation of the classic mystery/crime comic strip, much more suspenseful then the more famous Warren Beatty movie.

• Jul 28, 2012

Noirish adaptation of the famous comic strip. It's nothing great, but it's kind of a fun cartoony noir take on the strip.

• May 23, 2011

Who is Splitface? Who cares?

Who is Splitface? Who cares?

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

A classic Dick Tracy detective story, it's cool, better than that movie with Warren Beatty. Check it out.

• Mar 12, 2010

I have not read the comics of Dick Tracy, but have seen plenty of mysteries that stem from old films like this. The pacing is well done, the characters are well presented, and plot as a whole seems to work out well. This movie has not aged well though, some of the cultural differences here would be questioned rather than accepted by some of the audiences today. Or at the very least cause some viewer's brain to stumble, but these are few and far between. Otherwise it was fun to watch, at the very least you will not know the full reasons behind the killer till the end. Plus the one clue given is fairly subtle, and not many would've gotten it. I know I didn't...

• Feb 24, 2009

Not bad, but very formulaic.

Not bad, but very formulaic.

• Nov 23, 2008

Le typique film de detective, avec des meurtres, des indices, des fausses pistes, un mechant mechant, une legere touche d'humour, un canvas classique. Bref, un film qui a tout ce qui faut la ou il faut, mais pas plus. Ca ressemble plus a un bon episode d'une serie policiere (on me fait signe que c'est un peu ca, il y a eu 4 episodes).