Dick Tracy vs. Cueball - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dick Tracy vs. Cueball Reviews

½ August 1, 2016
Solid entry in the Dick Tracy series but with Morgan Conway taking a turn as the homicide detective. This time, Dick is in pursuit of a gang of jewel thieves who spend all of their time double-crossing each other. Cueball may be low man on the totem pole but he's grit and grunt enough to knock off all of his colleagues. Of course, Tracy tracks him down in the end and he meets a gruesome death. The characterizations in small parts are interesting enough - although not really comic-book-like - to hold one's attention for an hour. Nothing more to be said. Other serials have stronger entries and lasted longer (on the big screen) but this was fine on a rainy night with a cold.
November 26, 2015
good B movie suspenser
April 3, 2014
Good movie with horrific ending.
November 21, 2013
I own this on DVD in a two movie pack along with:
* Dick Tracy Meets Gruesome (1947)
July 28, 2012
I liked this one a little better than the first in the series, mostly because to rogues gallery of characters seemed a bit more extensive and broadly drawn, which added to the film's fun.
December 23, 2010
GOT ON FRIDAY 24/DEC/2010
May 23, 2010
Morgan Conway is no Ralph Byrd.
½ January 17, 2010
i liked the vintage feel which used comic colours well
February 24, 2009
Cueball is a quality villan.
August 15, 2008
realisation hollywoodienne classique mais efficace, de plus, le personnage de Cueball est un peu plus developpe que les mechants des autres episodes
July 9, 2008
Probably my favourite of the Tracy serials. This was the most interesting. The most in-depth & psychological in terms of villainy. Conway had a Bogey-esque edge about him. Love the B-movie noir stuff! MAN, I wish they made more than just 4 of these! It's somewhat intended for youth, yet is incredibly dark & manic & sinister. It never gets old to me.
½ July 4, 2008
morgan conways stil fails to convince as tracy but the story is much better and film noir atmosphere is great. all the other main cast members are great and the story has a good resolution.
May 18, 2008
I have this as disc 3 in my 5 disc version of the 1990 Dick Tracy movie!
½ May 17, 2008
Morgan Conway's second and final portrayal of comic strip detective Dick Tracy is a step above the first. Once again, the noir photography is top-notch and the supporting cast of wonderfully ugly character actors as underworld figures makes for a fun, light-hearted, comic-strip inspired detective story. As a relief from these PC times, one brief scene involving a child playing cowboy is especially fantastic!
April 2, 2008
Not a good movie. Still, its passion is admirable.
July 10, 2006
Routine Dick Tracy entry into the series. A very well cast Cueball helps things out. Good fun.