Die Bluthochzeit (The Wedding Party) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die Bluthochzeit (The Wedding Party) Reviews

August 20, 2010
Dogma 95 em prática.
December 12, 2009
A great combination of the german and belgian comedy! A lot of sarcasm and bloody humor literaly...
The story is crazy but incredibly interesting and entertained!
½ April 14, 2009
Langweilig und überdreht
December 7, 2008
Not exacting a comedy like it saids on the package of the DVD. but I did like watching it. It sure proves that rednecks are just here in the United States. Who else would go hunt pheasents on the way of the Wedding Dinner!
½ November 27, 2008
Nicely done dark comedy about a wedding reception at a hotel gone horribly wrong. A couple of minor storylines involving some of the guests were left unresolved but otherwise this was an entertaining flick.
August 17, 2008
Deja vu as seems I had seen similar scenario somewhere else before. Not a bad comedy noir only I have expected it goes much farther & much more crazier than existing.
August 14, 2008
A dark black comedy? Well, I don't think it's comedy at all...
½ June 10, 2008
It was a little bit more than melodramatic! I can't imagine any person acting like these people in real life! It def wasn't the comedy that the cover leads you to think that it is... but it's still worth seeing.
½ March 24, 2008
What a great movie. A dark black comedy of a wedding dinner that degenerates slowly yet very believable into a nightmare
½ March 3, 2008
The father of the groom is a dick to the owner of the hotel, so the hotelier locks the bride in a bathroom stall. Both reach for their guns, and hilarity ensues. Well, sort of. As consequences to the madness of the first two acts pile up, the tone shifts to a more serious feel which feels strangely detached from what has gone before. The Wedding Party goes from absurdly entertaining to inconsistent - from a satire of a "Straw Dogs" type of film to a cheap imitation.
½ January 24, 2008
What a crazy movie!!
January 3, 2008
Good German flick, not quite the comedy I was expecting from the cover, but I still really enjoyed it. People can be so stupid sometimes.
November 29, 2007
Not a dull moment. Another great German production. Definitely worth the pain of (sometimes way too fast) subtitles.
October 14, 2007
I loved this film. Great acting and an entertaining character-driven plot made this one of my favorite movies I've seen this year. Sure, you will have to endure subtitles. But I assure you it's worth the rental. If I wasn't so broke I'd buy this one. :D

Did I mention the movie was pretty funny? For a German movie that is... ;;)