Die, Monster, Die! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die, Monster, Die! Reviews

April 1, 2011
I own this and think it's one of the most underrated B-horror movie of all time. It will probably never get It credit It deserves, but oh well because movies now blow, Lets remake, lets make a Sequel. very sad
March 3, 2011
Fairly standard American International fare, it bares nearly no resemblance to the Lovecraft story it is supposedly adapted from. However, it is moody and fun, and has some nice moments. There are some sinister goings on at an ancient English estate, and it's up to a kind of dorky American to break up the status quo and learn the truth. It may be the only way to save the woman he loves. Fun, low budget stuff.
½ October 24, 2010
Bad adaption of The colour out of space.Boris Karloff makes this movie watchable,but fans of Lovecraft will flinch in horror.....
October 22, 2010
Loosely (and I mean LOOSELY) based on my favorite HP Lovecraft short story "The Colour Out Of Space," Die Monster Die has some really cool Old Ones monster puppets and a phenomenal climax, but you do have to suffer through one of the most dull leads in Nick Adams' American stranger. Boris Karloff plays the crazy wheelchair bound patriarch who has no business messing with cosmic terror and he's great...but he's too few and far between. More Karlofff!!! Worth a watch for you Lovecraft fans out there, but prepare a pot a coffee. VF.
August 5, 2010
I was sorely diappointed in Die, Monster Die!, particularly after watching The Dunwich Horror, which was another Daniel Haller directed/Samuel Z. Arkoff production of a Lovecraft story that was also featured as a part of the same Midnight Double Feature DVD. Die Monster Die! is almost completely unrelated to Lovecraft's stellar story "The Colour out of Space" on which it is supposedly based. Die Monster Die has a few decent moments and does feature Boris Karloff, but ultimately I found it rather boring--the parts between the bizarre action were too lengthy to sustain interest in the film. Perhaps enjoyable on a b-movie comedy level but not much good otherwise.
½ July 28, 2010
If you view this movie by todays critical standards, you wont like it. Watch it with a nostalgic eye, and you might realize that back in the 60's and very early 70's. this movie was a very good horror movie.
July 23, 2010
July 12, 2010
I loved the H.P. Lovecraft story, but this is kind of far removed. I always love Boris Karloff in anything, but as usual with many of the American International pictures, the movie has one established star and then a bunch of minnie actors. It still had some nice moments but kind of forgetable.
February 24, 2010
Good 60s thriller loosely based on a HP Lovecraft tale ...scared me when I watched it on Creature Double Feature when I was a kid
½ February 1, 2010
It fell from the sky

Stephen Reinhart?s college sweetheart lives in the country with her eccentric family. When his girlfriend asks him to visit, he cannot pass-up the opportunity to see her and meet his future in-laws. However, he does not receive a warm reception from his girlfriend?s father and the mother remains hidden and always cloaked. Stephen decides to investigate why his girlfriend?s family is so strange; but in doing so, he may put his and his girl friend?s lives in jeopardy.

?You shouldn?t have come down here.?

Daniel Haller, director of Devil?s Angels, The Wild Racers, Paddy, Pieces of Dreams, and The Dunwhich Horror, delivers Die, Monster, Die! The storyline for this picture is interesting and well presented. The characters are fascinating, the settings were well selected and the cast delivered better than average performances. The cast includes Boris Karloff, Nick Adams, Freda Jackson, and Suzan Farmer.

?No one has ever been able to explain what happened?

Die, Monster, Die is another film we just sat down to watch despite recording during the Halloween season. My wife and I are both huge Boris Karloff fans and appreciate his contributions to the horror genre. Karloff was older in this film but delivered his character to perfection. The settings and primary plot were outstanding but some of the sub plots were awkward (the green house as an example). Overall, this is a must see if you enjoy Karloff pictures and is worth your time.

?It looks like a zoo in hell.?

Grade: B
½ January 2, 2010
Creepy faces, cheesy effects, boozing village doctor and Boris Karloff. Over the top acting with a silly plot (based on an H.P. Lovecraft story) but lots of fun just the same.
½ December 9, 2009
Boris Carloff.. what can i say? another great film..!
November 25, 2009
A meteorite crashes to earth & Boris Karloff uses its radioactive power to grow some awesome sized plants (he should have grown some weed; there would be buds the size of my leg) but he make the mistake of taking fragments inside therefore giving just about everyone a form of cancer eventually turning them into hidious killer monsters. Great title & a great idea just poorly executed.
October 29, 2009
Not so terrible horror movie with Boris Karloff. Kind of cheesy, but not so bad that it's unwatchable. Based on a HP Lovecraft story.
October 26, 2009
How could a movie called Die Monster Die possibly be horrendous? Well, I will tell you. Cheesy acting, corny special effects, and a silly premise make this movie one to swiftly forget. It doesn't matter that it was made in 1965 because plenty of movie came out before then that managed to scare the shit out of people. A film's age should have nothing to do with how despicable it is. Themes and fears are universal.
½ October 26, 2009
I actually thought the first hour of this was pretty spooky with that giant mansion in the middle of nowhere and it's very mysterious residents. It keeps you guessing as to what's really going on and why everyone is acting so strangely. I was not familiar with Nick Adams before this film but I liked him a lot in it and, of course, Boris Karloff is a classic. The shadow that's lurking around every corner is eerie as are those screeches that no one can quite figure out. It all comes together in the last twenty minutes or so and also starts to lay on the cheesy-ness pretty heavily. But that's almost to be expected from a 1965 sci-fi/horror film. I was rather surprised by how much I enjoyed this, actually, and am pleased to report that it didn't leave me wishing "Die, Movie, Die!"
½ October 26, 2009
Nick Adams, Boris Karloff star in this Lovecraft effort. Great photography, eerie sets and so so acting in technicolor make up for the bad effects at the climax.
September 24, 2009
One of my favorite Sci-fi/Horror movies from the 60's! So many people shit on this film because it isn't like the original Lovecraft story, but I never read that anyway haha! Quit bitching and take it as a fun cheesy movie!
June 15, 2009
Fantastisk stemningsfull film! Ganske interessant historie også, og passe mye gørr. Nydelige klær og omgivelser.
June 14, 2009
Effective and suspenseful rendition of H. P. Lovecraft's story, set against an eerie landscape in the English countryside. Rather formulaic and true to the (sub)genre, but that's the way we like it, innit? Great use of both musical and visual effects, too.