Die-ner (get It?) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die-ner (get It?) Reviews

November 20, 2016
it's on a cheap DVD compilation so I'll eventually watch it
½ July 10, 2016
this couldn't be worse
August 26, 2014
Cheaply made, there isn't much of a plot and it progresses very slowly. The zombies aren't great, the characters are unlikeable, and the humor is lame.
December 17, 2013
AWFUL! WORST ZOMBIE FILM EVER - DON'T WATCH! EVEN IF YOU ARE A HUGE ZOMBIE FAN - 0/10
October 28, 2012
Lowest of low budget zombie flick. I didn't mind it.
½ October 19, 2012
Horror comedy DIE-ner has a serial killer taking over a diner and his victims come back to life as flesh eating zombies. There is some good humour in places, but for the most part this movie falls flat. The potential was there for lots of fun, but the delivery of the actors just didn't work.
½ August 31, 2012
I liked it more than it deserved...I even chuckled once or twice...that does not mean it was good. It's actually a ridiculously slow paced terrible movie.
August 28, 2012
Pretty funny zombie film. Not a traditional or even new style zombie film but more of a budget 80s zombie horror - worth a bargain bin buy but nothing more.
½ June 14, 2012
contains spoilers: very interesting movie, there were some really funny but stupid parts in the movie, it was unique but the acting sucked, It wasn't very realistic at all, and at times i just wondered what the hell they were doing especially the first time when they knocked the guy down.. and he was lying unconcious they wouldn't be stabbing him in the head, because then they'd be too blame theyd call the cops, or escape or something.. Very over the top and wasn't that funny 10 minutes into the first zombie part onwards.
April 27, 2012
The above description lends way more philosophical depth to this film than it actually has. Essentially a bottle film that never leaves one room, you could perhaps compare it to Sartre's "No Exit" or Beckett's "Endgame," but that is giving it way more credit than it deserves. In essence, it is just a bad zombie film that gets rather boring before the end, which is saying a lot considering it is only 75 minutes.
½ March 31, 2012
This movie should be universally panned for its title alone. The only thing decent about Die-ner, aside from its thankfully short running time, is the acting ability of the serial killer.
September 25, 2011
First I want to point out the only actor I enjoyed 100%. That was Joshua Grote. Now the rest of the cast was pretty good at their parts. Not all the zombies though, some of the zombies were pretty bad. This film has a lot of dialog in it and Grote is speaking most of it. His character is not all there in the head and he did a great job of acting that way. I enjoyed watching him talk. But too much talking in the film lead to being a little bored. There was a couple gore scenes, but no real excitement. The scare factor was low too. Also there was some things that they touched base on in the film that were never resolved. One important thing had to do with Grote's character and I wish they would of resolved it. But overall it was a fun movie to watch. But it had just as many good moments as bad ones.
½ June 15, 2011
The story follows a wise cracking serial killer who kills the cook and a waitress at a diner in the middle of nowhere and stuff them in the freezer. A married couple enter the diner and before the man can kill them a cop, who regulars at the diner, enters. As the man waits for the cop to leave the cook and waitress rise from the dead and hilarity ensues.

For an independent horror comedy they could have done worse. The film's main flaws are the actors and a lot of pointless dialogue. The cop gives a meaningless backstory while the killer tries to kill one of the zombies and whenever the killer is knocked out we get a brief insignificant look at his childhood. A lot of the jokes are very funny, but some of them will cause groans. The effects are low budget but get better as the film progresses.

Overall, if you enjoy indie horror I recommend you give Die-ner (Get It?) a look.
½ May 28, 2011
What a flaming pile of shit this was. It's listed as a horror comedy but there's no comedy in it. It isn't scary it isn't really that gory as far as zombie flicks go. The zombies barely pass for what a zombie looks like. I stopped it with only five minutes left because I really just didn't care at all to finish it. Avoid this one at all costs.
½ May 15, 2011
You know this wasn't that bad it was my watch since nothing else is on Sunday Mornings I enjoyed the sarcastic quips of the serial killer whom victims wouldn't stay dead but it was a little light in the gore yeah I wanted more blood . Not much substance to this movie but geesh it is a zombie flick .
April 7, 2011
Cheezy! But I like when they duct-taped the zombie to the floor...hehe Best line of the movie: "If you cooperate, I'll give you back your finger"
blizzpirate