Die You Zombie Bastards - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die You Zombie Bastards Reviews

½ August 22, 2011
Couldn't finish it....LAME
August 4, 2011
b movie at it's finest. you have to see it tobeliebe it!
½ July 4, 2011
If anyone ever tells me they have an idea for a movie but can't get it
made, I will tell them about Die You Zombie Bastards! - an ambitiously
bad indie horror flick packed full of every single bad idea everyone on
set could think of. An involved and needlessly complicated script tells
a story so completely amateurish and grade school that it simply can't
be funny. Lead Tim Gerstmar deliberately overacts which is always a bad
idea for a non-actor. I understand they're taking delight in being
cheesy and stupid, but it is just too much to handle. Unless you are a
huge fan of independent cinema, or actually had a part in making this,
I can't imagine liking it. This reminds me of films I made with my
friends on a camcorder when we were in high school. I go back and can
barely watch those, and I was in them. This is like watching those
films, but without the personal connections. While I appreciate this
film took 5 years to make, and the editing and soundtrack are
respectable, it can't make up for the complete lack of humor, horror,
or anything worthwhile. The only thing I could say is that there are
plenty of boobies... but most of them aren't very good, well they're
good, but it doesn't seem to help matters much. Though I'm not a fan of
rating 10s or 1s.... this one really is a waste of your eyesight -
don't bother.
½ November 1, 2010
This was a painfully stupid movie. While it wasn't quite as unwatchable as "Pot Zombies," that's not exactly saying much. The main distinguishing feature between the two is less pot, more dick "jokes," and the fact that I actually chuckled once or twice during DYZB.

"Do you speak English?"
(at the bottom of the screen) "No, but we have subtitles."

But even the smattering of laughs, and the copious amount of rather impressive gratuitous nudity wasn't enough to make this worth watching. Video stores and Netflix are -flooded- with zombie films; there's no good reason to waste your time on this one.
½ July 15, 2010
No! This movie and every movie I've seen by this production company has been PAINFULLY bad.

This retarded shit was no exception. And I'm a fan of bad movies.
June 21, 2010
Ahem...comment dire ? Ce "Die you zombie bastards ! " n'est pas une production Troma...ce n'est MEME pas une production Troma (quand bien meme Lloyd Kaufmann, le grand patron de la firme a peloches pourries, y fait une apparition). C'est une serie Z par defaut, parce que personne n'a encore invente de categorie qui allait au-dela. C'est tourne sans budget apparent, sans logique apparente, sans tabou apparent, par une bande de potes crassement defonces a l'huile de vidange, qui ont trouve marrant de rassembler un super-heros cannibale, un savant fou a tete deformee, des archeologues nymphomanes, une creature des marais au penis hypertrophie et tout un tas d'autres personnages debiles, de filmer tout ce beau monde, globalement incapable de jouer, en 16mm et de noyer le tout sous des tonnes de gore, de cul et d'humour uber-lourd. A ce niveau de nullite navrante, on en arrive presque au cinema d'art et d'essai...un truc impossible a regarder dans son etat normal, quoi.
½ June 20, 2010
A lampoon on a whole genre.
Funny stuff!
May 22, 2010
This movie maybe trash, but it's really good trash. The plot drags and the cheese is overwhelming. The insane mix of cannibal, zombie hunter, serial killer and want to be super hero is enough to be worth a watch. This movie isn't tongue in cheek, it's more like confused head tilt, bugged eyed, dead pan what the f^&k.
My girl friend and I rented it, she put it in the dvd player. As I entered the room I said "this sounds promising" she replied "I haven't even pressed play yet." By the time it was over still laughing she said "That is my new favorite movie."
As the hero scampers around for some reason I could help but think "Artie! the strongest man in the world."
May 7, 2010
For a movie that has a title with so much promise, it sure does let the audience down. Whatever good ideas it had got lost simply because the film makers weren't mature enough to come up with actual comedic material. Instead we just essentially see little boys giggling over penis jokes. To keep myself busy, I actually counted up a lot of my pennies and put them into coin rolls. I'm not joking about that either. I got through $2.50 worth.
½ May 5, 2010
I don't want to call this "the worst movie I ever seen", because I know something's even more stupid, incoherently, skin-peelingly bad will rear it's ugly head. So after trying to watch this two times, first time fast forwarding through the whole movie, I was kinda curious about it. So I give it another shot and it got worse, much worse. So to all lazy, hack directors who want to make B-movies for the sake of B-movies, remember the key-word in "intentionally stupid" is stupid, not intentionally.
½ May 2, 2010
pretty goddamn bad!!!
April 28, 2010
Ton of fun, and introduces one to the awesomeness of Hasil Adkins.
March 29, 2010
Ugh. The film starts out in mediocrity, and continually gets worse. "Red" the superhero swims from Pittsburgh to Sweden, to West Virginia before finally finding and saving his wife Violet from the evil Captain Nefarious in the Bermuda triangle. It's like a parody movie without much humor. Oh, and the movie has a rubber penis fetish. Bad, even for an over-the-top, low-budget troma film.
ScoopOnline
December 19, 2009
You will laugh your Socks off.
December 10, 2009
Better than Troma... but not by a huge margin.
December 10, 2009
Better than Troma... but not by a huge margin.
½ November 16, 2009
Not so much "so bad it's good" as "so bad it's terrible and so terrible it's great when very drunk".

Avoid if you're not planning on being intoxicated before watching it.
November 1, 2009
One of the best movies, retardedly so, I've seen in awhile. If you're expecting anything redeeming out of this don't watch it. It's absolutely absurd. It's also genius. A good friend and b-horror film aficionado of mine summed it up perfectly - "Wow. That's all you can say about Die You Zombie Bastards. It's like 9-11, you'll always remember where you were when you saw this film."
½ September 30, 2009
Not a good zombie movie! I have seen a lot of low budget zombie flicks but this one was the worst! Oh well it has a funny title.
½ September 5, 2009
Some genuinely funny moments and clever satire of course. However, not enough tits, not enough ass and not enough zombies. I'm sure it looked great on the storyboard but a poor effects team and lousy direction really let the movie down.

If you are a fan of zombie movies then there's nothing for you here. Zombies in this movie are merely a side plot and the main antagonist uses world zombification as a threat but zombies are not important to the story.