Dig Two Graves - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dig Two Graves Reviews

June 3, 2018
i remember seeing this one before & not super liking it, but i didn't mind it the 2nd time through.
June 1, 2018
Plenty to admire regarding the craftsmanship of all involved but it's one of those stories that misleads the audience so much that it undercuts its own relevance.
May 19, 2018
Watching this tonight.
March 14, 2018
incredibly boring story centered around two racist rapist cops that murder an entire family and I guess youre supposed to like them
February 5, 2018
Well, this was a cool surprise. A unique and provocative thriller about rising above the sins of the past, it's slightly heightened yet familiar, like a surreal nightmare. Imagine the otherworldly evil of The Witch thrown into the realistic American heart of It, but without any of the blatant horror of either. Even with the unwieldy storytelling, it's a beautifully gothic and creepy indie, hiding within the bowels of Netflix like a deep dark secret in a family tree.
January 18, 2018
A decent movie that could have been great if not for some of the uneven pacing and editing. I feel like this could have been done more effectively, even with the same scenes, if only put together differently. Overall, a good movie about loss and redemption.
December 26, 2017
Silly and pretentious. Really, gypsies? How did this get such a high score on here?
½ November 27, 2017
This dreary, rural, psychological revenge thriller is made with bits and pieces of symbolism, grief, anger, and tension that fit together to make an effective movie. The landscape looks worn away and broken like the lives of the people living there, and every scene is well selected to amplify mood. Sound performances all the way around with convincing characters; not many of the characters or their stories are completely fleshed out, but we learn enough about everyone to see how they fit into the story. The events going back and forth from '47 to '77 are not a confusing or convoluted mystery, and while not everything is revealed immediately, the whole story is eventually told. The use of ritual, stage magic, and symbolism are clever plot devices. Although there are mysterious elements in this movie, this isn't a kind of mystery I feel compelled to see again to find what I mhisssed, since everything seems overt, and frankly, not overly complicated to figure out. That doesn't mean a movie has to be complicated to be enjoyed. This movie has no wasted scenes, which is always a boon. All the movie's symbolism along with the performances, locations, and settings give it a flavor of its own, making it worth watching.
½ November 10, 2017
I was excited to see Ted Levine! I did feel like it could've been a little neater, but the story was decent.
½ October 17, 2017
Despite Levine's great voice, this thing (at least the 90min cut I saw) is far too discombobulated to be enjoyable.
½ September 8, 2017
While not exactly thought provoking, this movie demonstrates magnificent storytelling and magnetic cinematography. It is not a horror film, but definitely a mystery that keeps you hooked from beginning to end. It's with a dark feel to it, the tiniest amount of gore and with optimistic ending. I enjoyed it a lot.
½ September 1, 2017
Entertaining enough but by the end sort of ends up not making any sense in terms of time arcs and such.
July 23, 2017
Interesting and well-done
½ July 16, 2017
2.6/5

I find it hard to believe that everyone in this movie is such a little unsubstantial boring bitch, that is including but not limited to, the main 14 year-old girl. Amazing.
July 8, 2017
Unusual and engaging at the same time. As well as wholly original.
July 5, 2017
Probably one of the most interesting stories you'll get to see along with satisfactory elements of horror. 'Dig Two Graves' attracts its audience with seems an ordinary movie but provide far better story-telling.
½ July 1, 2017
With fantastic performances from the two leads and a powerful final act, Dig two graves comes with the highest recommendation.
June 25, 2017
Dig Two Graves wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either. The storyline is interesting, but it seemed disjointed to me. The acting isn't great, but it wasn't terrible. Just kind of a "meh" movie to me.
June 17, 2017
Brilliant. Some great acting both verbal and non. Strong cinematography and emotional heft.
June 14, 2017
Was on my recommended Netflix list. Was very pleasantly surprised. Not a high budget of course but well done . i want to see Ms. Isler in more films as she grows. Ted levine , who plays the grandfather, also the Captain on Monk you may remember, is also superb and really gels with the child. Highly recommended "genre" film with a true softness thrown in