Digimon - The Movie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Digimon - The Movie Reviews

April 29, 2017
I remember as a kid loving Digimon and wanting to see this movie, but when I saw it, none of it made any sense to me. Now seeing it as an adult and knowing that this was an US mix of three OVAs trying to make a single narrative when clearly all they needed to do was just bring the OVAs to the states. There is no nostalgia for me for this with dated songs thrown in with no context and terrible editing to pander kiddies and I feel awful for the parents whose kids drove them crazy to see it.
February 3, 2017
This was the first digimon thing i saw and when i first watched it , i was confused and made no sense lol i gave it before 3/5 but after watching the series etc i now understand it and i still enjoy it so maxium a 4/5 but the last bit feels rushed but then again it was shorten down since the orignal japan version was 65mins so basicly they cut 40mins out to save time and keep it a PG rating.
January 26, 2017
I think that this website is talking rubbish, Digimon The Movie is an awesome, amazing flim that brings the excitement of the first two legendary seasons of Digimon together, I like the way the story is split into three parts, it's full hilarious quotes that I'll remember forever. And the animation style is just nostalgic and awesome.

The cast is awesome and so is the Soundtrack, I could watch this film over and over again it's that great!

I give this legendary movie a score of 100%, I don't care what anyone else thinks, also I don't think this website appreciates an awesome movie such as this one

Daryll
Mega fan of the Digimon Movie
September 30, 2016
This movie is F*ckin amazing enjoy it for what it is
also R.I.P Paul Gordon writer of the Digimon theme,Hey Digimon,the Digirap and lets kick it up.
½ June 17, 2016
THIS MOVIE BETYTER BNETTER THAN POKERMON!!!?? HOW DARE YOU DISREPESCT POKE MON YOU CYBERRBULLIESS!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE WORST MOVIE EVERRRRR!!!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY THIOS IS BETTER THAN PPPOOOOKKKEEEMMMMOOONN!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! THIS MOVIE IS COMPLETE TRASSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!
March 9, 2016
I dig the shit outta this movie. It's awesome!!!!!!
February 28, 2016
As nostalgic as the show and this movie was to me, it could've been done a lot better. They could've slowed down the process instead of just jumping right into the action, they could've make funnier jokes, and they could at least try to connect the three different stories in this movie together.
½ February 21, 2016
I had some great times watching this as a kid. Thus for nostalgia's sake I still smile when watching it. It's basically an extension of an episode that tells a simple story. Like I said, I loved it as a kid, therefore due to nostalgia I still find great pleasure in it.
½ December 28, 2015
the english dubbed version is just terrible due to the amount of content censured. the Japanese is much better and doesnt leave many plot holes as the English version does.
December 25, 2015
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-\ :-\
November 27, 2015
Hardly a great film but if you were ever a fan of the anime this movie will serve as a great dose of nostalgia
½ October 18, 2015
I loved this movie as a child, and I still love it to this day! The animation is really neat and fluid (a lot better then the show), and it's neat how they have 2 movies in the same movie.
½ September 10, 2015
Part 1 was alright. Part 2 and 3 I could barely stay awake to
August 31, 2015
Growing up I was more a Pokemon fan, but I still managed to catch this flick. Nonsensical cartoon violence. And a great soundtrack.
½ July 29, 2015
Choppily dubbed/edited and heavily narratively contrived (it's actually three movies melded into one). I was never really crazy about Digimon when it was around because I felt it was just like Pokemon (although deep down it isn't and does have some differences).
July 19, 2015
Better than pokemon :)
½ April 16, 2015
As bad as it was, it was memorable and the action was great!
February 24, 2015
this was one of the most epic films of my childhood, and I still remember it fondly
February 21, 2015
DIGIMON IS BETTER THAN SCOOBY DOO
½ February 6, 2015
Terrible movie, this is far from the original series. The humor (very different from Japanese good mood) is exaggerated. Furthermore, the presence of Willis, alienates the original context, making the film is a cliche, where they have to save the country from this guy. Yes leaves much to be desired.