Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia Reviews

August 31, 2014
[Interested: cannot find.]
November 29, 2013
You can't go wrong with IMAX and dinosaurs in this enchanting documentary. This film is really meant to be seen in theaters in front of a million inch screen with your rotating chair and holographic glasses on. All kidding aside this movie will be quite enjoyable for all 40 minutes.
January 25, 2013
3d was ok but it was a great story, kids enjoyed
½ December 2, 2012
Fascinating content and beautiful landscapes. The CGI is disappointing though.
August 31, 2012
I know that this film was designed to be seen in 3-D IMAX so I cannot give an accurate representation of the theater effect, considering that I watched this in my living room on a 32-inch screen. In the end, 40 minutes just is not enough time to take an audience through the evolution of dinosaurs to their extinction. The largest impression left on me was when the comets started hitting and it finally hit me that the movie only had three minutes left. The dinosaurs are fake enough that children won't be scared but computer animated well enough that we get an accurate picture of Prehistoric life. There was a definitive moment of "Finally!" when some of the dinosaurs began to fight but overall, "Dinosaurs: Giants of Patagonia" is just a textbook telling of the lifetime of a few dino species.
August 26, 2012
I remember watching this film at 9 am(because that was the only time you could watch it at the theater at that time) and Loved it. Plus it was in 3D! To those who love dinosaurs, I strongly reccomend ths film. Critics gave it 100% on Rotten Tomatoes for crying out loud! Looking at how much the audience(at the moment) likes this movie(52%), this film is surley underestimated!
May 18, 2012
Ya worth the netflix rental forsure!!!
October 9, 2011
DINOSAURS: GIANTS OF PATAGONIA (2007)
½ September 24, 2011
The history of dinosaurs in a CGI nutshell.
flixsterman
September 2, 2011
Nice educational showcase for 3D/IMAX technology.
July 2, 2011
Another cinematic triumph for IMAX and the studios involved!! I watched this one in blu-ray 3D and was so impressed with the wealth of knowledge and information presented by paleontologists and other experts in the field. You will embark on a journey through time to see the history, evolution and extinction of the world's largest known dinosaurs and some of the most incredible paleontological discoveries of modern times. Great computer generated footage brings to life some of these huge dinosaurs: the Giganotosaurus, Argentinosaurus and many more..There is also a trivia game and a short documentary on the making of this awesome IMAX exhibit...Highly recommended!
½ May 21, 2010
Informative, but do not watch late at night...you won't make it through.
½ September 30, 2009
Not bad for a documentary. It sure makes you think! I am still trying to grasp a living thing that is 120 feet long! I am not some scientific brain person, but would love to see this stuff in person, nests and all! Climate change?? Makes you think. Really nice pictures, and effects to make the story more realistic 40 minutes of exciting education!
September 5, 2009
Who doesn't like dinosaurs?!? Just wish the movie was in 3D!
February 22, 2009
I felt it was an excellent documentary.
October 24, 2008
Buen documntal, no tenia informacion de la riqueza arqueologica de la Patagonia, mi primera pelicula en 3D y en el IMAX.

Ver las huellas de los dinosaurios, verlos pasar sobre mi, atacarme y morderme fue muy divertido. Asi quien no aprende de los argentinosaurios
½ September 16, 2008
My first 3D film! I expected more exciting dinosaurus and less talking though. And some Brendan Fraser hiting the giant animals ;)
½ August 26, 2008
première expérience IMAX. très bon documentaire 3D.
August 21, 2008
Cinestar u Rijeci ima 3D. I iako je 3D bas fora, film bi mogao biti i duzi .....
August 7, 2008
kool documentry the three d is great