Direct Action - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Direct Action Reviews

½ September 8, 2015
Absolutely terrible movie
March 27, 2014
another dirty corrupt cop tale
May 21, 2013
Nope I am correct haha another Dolph film with almost the same name as another Dolph film ('Direct Contact') and its just as bad, cheap, tacky as the other. This time Dolph is exposing crooked cops and...well basically beating and killing everyone in sight without breaking sweat, the usual stuff. Lots of gun fire and lots of missing etc...I dunno how they get funding for this identical cookiecutter stuff.
½ April 24, 2013
This movie is average action thriller with Dolph Lundgren. He plays a straight cop who wants to snitch on some dirty cops, and they come after him. There's a cliche female sidekick rookie, a black man and his family sidekicks, and a lot of shooting. There are two brief fight scenes which are good, but most of the action is shootouts. There are a few good kills here and there, but this is sub-standard action fare.
½ September 6, 2011
A good movie.
Great action and figting scene's in the movie.
Great story.
Not the best movie with Dolph Lundgren for me, but one of the best movie's with hem.
May 23, 2011
"Direct Action" (2005) de Sidney J. Furie (1h37) USA (avec Dolph Lundgren) vu à la tà (C)là (C) sur la chaà (R)ne TMC dans la nuit du lundi 23 au mardi 24 mai 2011 de 0h40 à 2h30 du matin !
½ October 22, 2009
Thanks to master Stallone`s "The Expendables" I remembered that there was an ultimate action hero that I used to cheer in my childhood called Dolph Lundgren. When I knew that this film is showing on TV I actually sat down and watched just for the sake of old times and it didnot dissapoint after all. Your typical straight to DVD action fun with alot of dead bodies that I failed to count the number of the bodies a thing that I do in such films, some explosions and hand to hand combat in which Dolph kicks whatever stands in his way. Please donot ask about the plot,the storyline and the character development these things are found in the lame sissy films not here. Genre fans will probably enjoy.(Do you know that he managed to shoot 3 guys while having his hands tied behind his back! fun haa)
½ May 17, 2009
dolph lundgren is always good i liked the action and the story was the usual action romp with dirty cops but dolph kept it interesting for me this was just a good movie
October 9, 2008
eine art uebergangswerk zwischen dem zwischenzeitlichen, von trashheulern gepraegten tal der traenen in der karriere des dolph lundgren und der wiederauferstehung als dtv-autorenfilmer. mit den fabuloesen regiearbeiten des schweden mag DIRECT ACTION noch nicht so rech mitzuhalten - daf├╝r ist er einfach zu stereotyp -, als geradliniger genrerei├?er vermag er jedoch auf beinahe ganzer linie zu ├╝berzeugen. ein durch und durch solider copthriller - nicht gerade SERPICO, aber immerhin um etliches besser als THE DEPARTED...
April 24, 2008
dolph lundgren is the best
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
February 18, 2008
Entertaining Direct-to-Video action movie, about crooked cops and Afghani drug dealers starring Dolph Lundgren as a cop out to expose his crooked colleagues with Polly Shannon as his partner. Lundgren his typical tough-as-nails rightous avenger and I wouldn't have it any other way. Shannon does a good job as the rookie experiancing her worst first day ever and has fun with it. None of the bad guys really stick out and come on people, if you can't disguise the fact that your Los Angeles, California is really Hamilton, Ontario then why the hell not just have the story take place in Hamilton?
February 14, 2008
this movie kicks ass what a hard c*nt
January 11, 2008
Great Movie!!!! Loved every bit of it. He was mean!!!!! :)
August 22, 2007
Lundgren should be given a special award for services to shite scripts
July 21, 2007
The car chasing scenes were directed in such a horrible way, but the script it self was not bad and Dolph is always wonderful! Oh, I loved the Punisher shirt on one of the bad guys. I know they did that b/c of Dolph, he is and always will be the Punisher!
July 20, 2007
Ok, so this is a direct-to-video action pic. But still, Lundgren is doing all his own stunts and there's plenty of action. Not bad for a rainy nite in.
½ June 19, 2007
IT WAZ SO COOL NEED 2 C
½ January 7, 2007
Dolph in action, thats all what fans want...
June 6, 2005
[font=Arial]This is simplistic old school action fare and a return to ass-kickery from Mr Dolph. Much in the veign of those first few Seagal movies that were violent, moralistic and brisk, this movie whizzes by at a cracking pace. It may be underfinanced and clearly filmed on a tight schedule but somehow the film is made enjoyable by the pace of it and by Dolph himself. He's in great shape here and while Seagal piles on the pounds and looks desperately out of shape, Dolph is still in peak action man condition.

Direct Action is a good action movie, it has plenty of action. The action ranges from some short and sweet martial art fights to some gun fights that are adequate. Although the film is shot in perhaps the most boring location ever, with dull cinematography, the atmosphere seems to work. A mundane place with all hell breaking loose. The score from Adam Norden is also effective, not trying to re-create a full orchestra on a synth.

Overall this is solid entertainment and a decent lads movie! Switch off the brain and enjoy![/font]