Dirty Dancing Reviews

• 6d ago

Very horrible. Do not recommend.

Very horrible. Do not recommend.

• Jan 01, 2021

Awful remake , bad choice of actors complete change of character & story line for Lisa Housman .baby dances like a dumpy hunchback and there's weird miming going on throughout one of the worst remakes I've ever seen

• Nov 21, 2020

I know this is from 2017 but I guess I missed the memo on this remake. After watching it, I can see why. No chemistry, all the dancing was clunky, just bad... The best part was the duet between Marco and Lisa! Keep this remake, I'll stick to the original.

• Sep 23, 2020

Was amateurish . Baby was too heavy for that role. Unbelievable . Johnny was ok! Actually liked his dancing though could never bring drinks of water to Patrick Swayzes Johnny.Music was great.

• Sep 11, 2020

There are so many things 'wrong" with this movie that I hardly know where to begin. Basically it's a mixed- up sanitized version of the 1987 classic. I can't even fathom why they would attempt to remake such a wonderful film, but unfortunately they did. Here we have the obligatory singing, dancing and acting, all of which leave a lot to be desired. The cast is mediocre and the dancing is even worse. They couldn't even bother with using the original songs. Most are covers, but be prepared for the cast to start singing the lyrics without warning. Abigail Bresslin is cute and all, but she cannot dance to save her life. Her dancing in "Little Miss Sunshine was so much better. Colt Prattes (whom I'd never heard of before) can dance, but the combination of talent versus no talent made his scenes with Abigail look ridiculous. They had absolutely NO chemistry and were almost painful to watch. I am pretty sure that Abigail was chosen for the role solely because of her popularity. This movie might-and I stress the word "might" have been better had they flipped angles and told it from Johnny's POV. Sure, it still wouldn't have any of the charm of the original, but at least it wouldn't seem like it's trying really hard to be a copy. This version, simply put, has no heart and soul. I can just see Patrick Swayze cringing in heaven.

• Mar 27, 2020

Omg it's just so bad 😭 I was looking for any small chance of liking this remake. But wow. It was just awful.

• Dec 22, 2019

Horrible horrible movie! The cast is terrible. Baby does not know how to dance and looks terrible. Johnny has no charisma at all! Far too long. Boring, cringy movie. This has to be the worst movie EVER!!!

• Nov 25, 2019

Colt Prattes as Johnny is still a fantastic dancer and he's quite good looking too. Abigail Breslin as Baby gives hope to all of us curvy gals!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and the new music arrangements are beautiful. I'll watch this movie over and over for just the new versions of "Hungry Eyes" and "She's Like the Wind" alone!!!

• Nov 23, 2019

This remake was a study in what not to do. They took the heart out of the story and felt the need to wrap it up in a tidy package at the end. Where was the conflict? Where was the real emotion? And sadly, where was the choreographer? All the music from the original was there (plus a few songs that felt like filler) but the dancing seemed almost childish at times. Worst of all, the big climactic angel lift was shot from only the front and definitely made you question if there were wires involved. This should have been a hallmark movie.

• Oct 20, 2019

I feel like someone other than Abigail Breslin would of been a better fit. The movie was good for nostalgic reasons, but they didn't come close to the original.