Dirty Weekend Reviews

• Feb 10, 2020

Classic LaBute showing mild mannered people are not quite that and always more interesting (sexually) under the surface. Good performances by Eve and Broderick showing their theatre chops

• Mar 13, 2017

I was actually quite surprised... I don't see how this film got such a low rating... Matthew Broderick was brilliant... & Alice Eve was exceptional in her supporting role... not trying to outshine Broderick, just being perfectly complementary.

• Feb 05, 2017

good subtle modern comedy and a bit of a change of pace for director neil labute

• Jun 02, 2016

slow Alice Eve is good

slow Alice Eve is good

• Nov 01, 2015

kinda funny but the story isn't that interesting

kinda funny but the story isn't that interesting

• Sep 28, 2015

Bottle neck self discovery flick. Loads of cringe worth moments. Overall Meh!

Bottle neck self discovery flick. Loads of cringe worth moments. Overall Meh!

• Sep 07, 2015

Een zwakke entree van Neil LaBute, die blijkbaar tegenwoordig moeilijk het verschil kan zien tussen een toneelpodium en een filmset. Matthew Broderick en Alice Eve spelen niet bijzonder goed van elkaar af, waardoor Dirty Weekend voornamelijk tegenvallend aanvoelt.

• Sep 05, 2015

Thank god movies like this are still getting made. If I were Neil Labute I would view the 29% positive rating on rotten tomatoes as proof I'm doing something right. Subtle, incisive, emotionally intelligent, and timely naturalism is a foreign language in 2015, and foreign films don't sell a lot of popcorn. But it makes a big difference to those of us who still give a shit. - 35 yo regular dude

• Sep 05, 2015

Alternative life-styles of the once famous.

Alternative life-styles of the once famous.

• Apr 23, 2015

First half was a little overly-dialogue driven, no surprise given it's from a playwright, but the home stretch spices things up and gets back to Labute-ianly toying with the darker side of the human condition. And Burke knocked his supporting role out of the park.