(Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies Reviews

• Dec 26, 2017

Lying is a surprisingly human trait and there are many justifications and rationalizations. The documentary also highlights the way in which this aspect of behavior can have a massive impact on the economy so imagine what we can do if we take out the assumption that humans are rational? We should instead model policy to this type of research and study!

• Feb 22, 2017

This is an interesting documentary about lying. Seems very relevant now, but it appears that everyone is doing it.

• Dec 17, 2016

A documentary from Dan Ariely who we came to love in Predictably Irrational, this time he focuses on lying, why we do it, how widespread lying and cheating are and breaks some of the misconceptions surrounding that. Very interesting, well made, and he's such a charismatic character he holds it together very well.

• Dec 12, 2016

Great film. Really insightful and interesting. A must watch.

Great film. Really insightful and interesting. A must watch.

• Oct 26, 2016

Trust no one, question everything.

Trust no one, question everything.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Oct 12, 2016

An entertaining documentary that offers some curious information about our natural inclination for lying and the reasons that lead us to lie, even though the testimonials presented in between seem a bit arbitrary sometimes and don't always seem related to what is being said.

• Sep 27, 2016

Amazing. Dan Ariely is awesome. A++

Amazing. Dan Ariely is awesome. A++

• Sep 07, 2016

A pretty engaging doc that manages to stay entertaining with testimonies and experiments that all investigate a common human behavior theme.

• Aug 04, 2016

i'm a huge liar and glad i understand myself more now.

i'm a huge liar and glad i understand myself more now.

• Jul 07, 2016

3.5 out of 5 stars. A very well crafted documentary which intersperses psychological findings with real life examples. Terminology and construction is user-friendly. Many high profile cases of dishonesty are examined and the interview roster is impressive. Although a robust analysis is given of why it is we lie, there isn't much exploration as to macro level ramifications and by extension, how to solve for them. It's a glossy introductory documentary which lacks depth, especially on a subject that could have such widespread impact.