Reviews

• Jan 16, 2022

The mouse house has their hands in everything from star wars to marvel even nature documentaries and this is among the best of them filmed on Alaska's gorgeous katami island home to one of the worlds largest population of grizzly bears it shows what life is like for a family of bears which really captures the beauty of north American wildlife ( take it from me I'm a wildlife photographer) I would definitely recommend giving it a watch

• Nov 23, 2020

I loved this film!!!!! FIVE STARS! The documentary Bears follows a family of bears in the Alaskan wilderness. The story begins with incredible footage of the cubs being born. I had no idea cubs were so small the first few days of life, they almost looked like little puppies. In my opinion, Disneynature did an exceptional job at really showing its viewers the true battles certain species face in order to survive. Following the birth of mother bear Sky's cubs, she begins her tedious journey across miles and miles of deep snow, passing through dangerous avalanches and avoiding potential enemies. It amazed me to watch the cubs follow momma bear so intently and really loved watching the two cubs blossom into two such different personalities. Male cub Scout had a far more independent and adventurous attitude, whereas his sister had a tendency to stick close to mom and avoid as much danger as possible. The relationships were very strong between this family and the close-nit unit is what kept them alive in certain situations. No matter the challenge this little family of three were faced with, momma bear was always there to protect the cubs from danger. It was made clear from the beginning that the voyage up and down the mountains were in efforts to reach fresh water, where they had access to the seemingly everlasting food bank. Although there was a surplus of salmon for all to enjoy, the bears still broke into fights over the silliest of things. What was really interesting was seeing the behavior die down after bellies were full and competition subsided. Even the worst of enemies were seen hanging out side by side. It amazed me to see such close-up shots of such incredible animals. This documentary does an amazing job at really showing what the first life of a cub and mother bear can look like.

• Mar 15, 2020

Although Disneynature's Bears falls into the template of many other animal documentaries that we have seen over the years, its gorgeous cinematography, clever narration and undeniable cuteness make for a very entertaining journey with mama bear and her cubs.

• Jan 28, 2018

Funny hart warming and eye opening

Funny hart warming and eye opening

• May 30, 2017

As is the case with all these Disneynature films, the forced, anthropomorphize-d elements are occasionally distracting (though they seem to really work for the kids), but the images and spectacle are undeniable.

• Sep 19, 2016

It started really well but the story is dragged out just to get some amazing shots. The shots are stunning doh.

• Jun 21, 2016

Educational nature documentary for all ages.

Educational nature documentary for all ages.

• Jan 30, 2016

My introduction to the Disney-Nature series. I've always enjoyed nature documentaries & this was no exception - although truth be told I've never been that fascinated by bears (yawn). It goes without saying the visuals are spectacular & in terms of the narration - no one beats Attenborough but Reilly did a fair enough job.

• Jan 09, 2016

Good, but would have been better without the distraction that is John C Reilly.

Good, but would have been better without the distraction that is John C Reilly.

• Nov 22, 2015

Disney Nature's latest documentary is charming, heartwarming, and visually pleasant. Bears just might be the best of its predecessors.