Disney's Newsies: The Broadway Musical Reviews

• Jan 31, 2020

INCREDIBLE!!! ABSOLUTE BEST FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!

INCREDIBLE!!! ABSOLUTE BEST FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!

• Jul 30, 2019

Loved every bit of it!

Loved every bit of it!

• Apr 09, 2019

This is a fun, upbeat and purely professional musical.

This is a fun, upbeat and purely professional musical.

• Mar 11, 2019

Amazing, absolutely in love with this musical, the energy just soars off the stage.

• Aug 06, 2017

One of the best movies i've seen in a long time- never boring or slow it kept my attention the entire time and it felt like you were sitting on stage- everything from the cast, plot, acting, singing, the best dancing ever filmed on screen and the smallest details of set design and lighting was the best. Seize the Day and King of New York really brought down the house. All of the Newsies had individual personalities that shone through, especially Ben Cook (Racer), Jeremy Jordan nailed down the protagonist role and I could listen to him sing the phone book, and Kara Lindsay slayed her solo, Andrew Keenan's solo had everyone crying, Steve Blanchard was perfect for the role of the "villain" ,,, I didn't mind paying twice the amount for an Imax ticket because it was so good, From the opening scene in Jack's penthouse, I knew we were in for a treat

• May 31, 2017

Newsies: The Broadway Musical movie was mediocre. I have seen the original Broadway cast and two touring casts. In comparison the movie is lackluster. Some songs are mildly abridged. Tempo on many songs has been rushed which makes some songs lose their grace. In particular, the song "The Bottom Line" was a train wreck. Increased tempo, abridged lyrics, and changes to the notes all contributed to the song feeling weak. The camera work was great. The choreography was no less thrilling than what you would experience at a live performance. The cuts between shots gave additional energy to some numbers that made them very enjoyable. The returning original cast members shine bright, but new members felt out of place in some parts of the show. Skip this if you've enjoyed a live performance or buy the album for a great Newsies experience.

• May 30, 2017

Excellent! My kids and I enjoyed every second, several times over!

Excellent! My kids and I enjoyed every second, several times over!

• Mar 08, 2017

Best version of Newsies yet!

Best version of Newsies yet!

• Feb 25, 2017

Simply fantastic. Perfectly merges the production value and intimacy of a movie with the grandeur and spectacle of live theatre. A simple story is magically brought to life through a perfect blend of choreography, music, directing and acting. I was already a huge fan of the show but this new medium actually adds to the show with big sweeping shots making you feel like a part of the action as well as close ups which allow you to see just how hard the performers are acting their hearts out.

• Feb 22, 2017

I wrote about the experience of seeing the stage musical and the differences between that and the movie a while ago: http://merrylandgirl.blogspot.com/2015/06/read-all-about-it.html However, it was awesome to see Jeremy Jordan as Jack. The rest of the cast was great too and really fit their parts well. I enjoyed the energy and all the strong voices. The story goes to show that we can all make a difference if we take a stand. As far as the filming goes...most of it was good, but sometimes it felt like there were extreme close-ups or the angles made it feel like they were going to topple over from the set. The fight and chase scenes were the most chaotic and hard to follow all the action. I was warned that some of the dance moves would be hard to see, but I was able to see most of them from my vantage point, as well as the screen being huge. I wish more musicals would start doing this. Especially those that are no longer on Broadway. I enjoyed taking my kids to see it.