Disturbia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Disturbia Reviews

May 12, 2016
A good movie, but very unrealistic.
½ May 10, 2016
Modern Hitchcock wannabe
½ April 24, 2016
totally lived up to my expectations... had some really good thrilling moments...
½ April 23, 2016
Disturbia is an excellent film. It is about a teen who is living under house arrest becomes convinced his neighbor is a serial killer. Shia LaBeouf and Carrie-Anne Moss give fantastic performances. The screenplay is well written. D.J. Caruso did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and mystery. Disturbia is a must see.
March 27, 2016
What started out exciting and intriguing ended up with another cliche typical slasher film. Boring.
March 15, 2016
Alfred Hitchcock is probably thankful that his name doesn't appear on the poster for this remake of his Hall-of-Fame-worthy "Rear Window". While this is a reasonably enjoyable teen/drama/thriller, it's a better film if one considers it on its own merits instead of comparing it to the original. Shia--who owes his entire career to Mr. Spielberg--launches into stardom with this role and does a fine job of being a kind of teenage Everyman (although one under house arrest) but there just isn't quite enough intrigue in the story to call it 'great'. 11/19/9
½ March 7, 2016
"Disturbia" is a tense, supremely entertaining thriller that succeeds almost entirely due to the tremendous efforts of Shia LaBeouf. He truly holds the film together.
March 6, 2016
Wow, this movie is very good but this is a modern remake of Rear Window.
Suspence is guaranteed.

Review from Italy
½ February 24, 2016
been wanting to check this out for a while. did not dissapoint. well acted, cool movie.
½ February 23, 2016
Disturbia is a very entertaining and edge of your seat thriller that will resonate heavily with teens. It's full of great pop culture references, has amazing music, a solid cast and a very well written script. It ends up being a unique experience overall, one you'll want to watch over and over.
½ February 6, 2016
A house arrested teen catches the (not so friendly) neighbourhood killer. Not much to speak of in any department - this a true sum greater than parts movie - the end result is better than anything all that went into making it,
Ok to Watch.
½ February 3, 2016
A modern take on Hitchcock's classic Rear Window, with a bit of humor and teen romance thrown in. Shia LaBeouf reminds us how endearing he could be in his pre-crazy years, and Sarah Roemer (who I frankly never heard of before this) gives a charismatic performance as well.

Grade: B+
January 17, 2016
I love this film everytime I watch it.
It is the modern revisited version of Hitchkock's Rear Window and it measures up to it.
½ January 4, 2016
For a movie about voyeurism I found the lack of boobs..... DISTURBING.
½ December 31, 2015
Enjoyable thriller. Doesn't try to hard but at the same time delivers everything you'd want from a thriller!
December 31, 2015
Rear Window is one of my Favorite all time movies so I'm naturally intrigued by a remake. Prediction: 3.5
December 27, 2015
With the slow build up of tension, solid acting and charismatically fun performances, this is the perfect Alfred Hitchcock movie for teenagers. The ending somewhat betrays the movie, but everything in this movie is so much fun that it's hard to give it anything less than a 5 star.
December 19, 2015
Excellent, taut thriller! Powerhouse performance from Shia LaBeouf. Also, a great, menacing performance from David Morse!
December 14, 2015
Ehhhhhh. It was ok. LaBeouf made the movie a bit better.
½ December 5, 2015
it was a good movie, you knew what was going to happen, but it still had you on the edge of your chair