Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood Reviews

October 13, 2016
Truly enjoyed this film... I thought Burstyn & Judd were brilliant.
October 25, 2015
This was really good, sad at times but an interesting story
June 27, 2015
a good mother daughter flim. it show kids that your mom was young once and had a whole different life before you. also it is a great flim on forgiveness, we are not perfect. would say some scene would be hard on younger kids.
June 23, 2015
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood is overacted by its performers and is too serious to be a comedy.
May 13, 2015
When a woman discusses her challenging childhood during a interview, the door is opened for full disclosure with her difficult mother. Uneven, and not very convincing, this dramedy lacks the sincerity and depth of true emotion that the material requires.
April 22, 2015
Very confusing and boring.
½ April 2, 2015
A portrait of a seemingly normal southern family, Divine Secrets digs deep into the psyche of troubled Siddha and her tumultuous relationship with her Southern Belle mother.
March 14, 2015
"Divine" indeed. This is such a wonderful movie. Albeit corny at times, and overly dramatic it is still worth seeing. Ellen Burstyn kicks butt as the vivacious and eccentric Vivi. This is a movie about trials and tribulations, but also love that surpasses all understanding and the deep type of forgiveness that heals old wounds. The Ya-Ya Sisterhood rules!
February 14, 2015
No mortal man should ever experience this atrocity.
January 29, 2015
My wife loves this movie
½ June 10, 2014
Hmm, a one off movie that I would not repeat watching. Wasted talent.
April 13, 2014
I remember being disappointed by this, but that was a long time ago. will give it another try
½ February 11, 2014
amazingggg. love Sandra bullockkkkk
February 10, 2014
Gosh, I almost stopped watching this because of Sandra Bullock, just can't stand her - but I'm glad I did watch this to the end. What this movie gave to me - don't know though...
July 5, 2013
Another watch with your mom.
June 16, 2013
I don't really remember this movie cause it's been a long time sense I've seen it, so I want to see it again. But I remember it being very boring.
April 21, 2013
It wasn't as bad as it could have been for a movie my girlfriend forced me to watch at 11:00 a.m. on a Sunday morning.
April 14, 2013
I knew there was a reason why I haven't watched this until now. It's depressing and reminds me of events from my childhood. Not going to watch again.
½ April 7, 2013
Sandra Bullock is the best thing about this movie, everything she does rings emotionally true while she still manages to be funny. Ellen Burstyn also shines as the older Vivi. However, her coven of friends seem to be stretching to play Southern women - two of them (Maggie Smith and Fionnula Flanagan) are not even American, and somehow I was aware of this throughout. The story is also an uneasy mix of really awful personal histories and bad behavior, with lighthearted comic touches of wacky Southern women. For me, it didn't work. Vivi had so much spunk and humor as a young girl, and also as an older woman. Where she falls flat and seems like an entirely different person from the other two is her years as a young woman, played by Ashley Judd. For some reason, whenever Ashley Judd is on screen, the movie just seems to go flat. I just don't believe her as this wacky, spunky, fiery troubled woman. You can see her acting in every scene, and it's tiresome. And, in the scene where she supposedly whips her children, she's clearly holding back - it's like a fight scene where you see how the fist misses the chin.
½ March 15, 2013
Not a bad movie. Good story, good actors, good ending.