Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood Reviews

½ February 27, 2013
It was sad and very sweet
January 30, 2013
The friends of a mother, part of a secret friendship group called Ya-Ya Sisterhood, help patch things up between her and her daughter. Unappealing characters and a dull pace help make this film seem too cold and distant to care for.
January 27, 2013
This always makes me feel better when I'm low. Ya-ya!!!
½ January 22, 2013
Its a well-known secret that seeing this movie - if you're a male - will actually make your testicles "jump ship" and believe me, they will never write.
January 22, 2013
Cheese-tastic melodrama. Good cast, muddled story.
January 9, 2013
i really like this movie !!
January 6, 2013
Very good movie, if you haven't seen this yet, go see it!
½ January 6, 2013
almost like the book, but of course not as good
December 20, 2012
I was utterly confused the whole time. I probably need to watch it a second time to get an accurate decision on its quality.
December 17, 2012
Great movie. I love all the actors and actresses in it. Makes me cry.
½ December 7, 2012
Grab your tissues and send the guys away just as well this is utter pants :P
½ November 9, 2012
Psycho Mama and the Kiddie Slave Story. Special Effects included: Auntie Mame Scene; Southern Hospitality; Black Maid Humiliation; Food Fight; Garden Party; Women in Underwear; Birthday Parties; Ring; Marital Fight; Ring of Sparklers; Pajama Party; Colorful Head Scarfs; Lake Swimming Party; Barf Party; A Church Confession; Slave Whipping; Drugs, Eating Disorder; Sunglasses; Vintage Airplane Ride; Lace Dresses; Fire Extinguisher Birthday Cake; Candle Ceremonies; and Funky Hats.
November 2, 2012
Not as good as the book, but okay.
½ September 24, 2012
Ya Ya. The crazy moments and the love for finding oneself signify the brilliance behind this movie!
September 9, 2012
So horrible I couldn't finish it. The book was fantastic and is now one of my favorite reads, and the movie does it no justice. Overacting and the comedy it tries to be just does not work.
September 7, 2012
I adore Ashley Judd's performance in this movie.
September 3, 2012
It's sort of jumbled and slow moving but the acting is incredible and the story line is interesting.
½ September 2, 2012
I cry and laugh so hard everytime I watch this movie.
August 19, 2012
Chick flick in the worst sense of the term, the cast of the talented actresses and the wonderfully nostalgic ambience can't save this from being a drag of a film.
½ August 7, 2012
pretty ok for afternoon television