Divorce American Style Quotes
The top Divorce American Style quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Richard Harmon: Why do we have to go through that again? So you've been divorced for eight years. You've dated a lot of guys.Nancy Downes: So?Richard Harmon: So, why can't this be like all the others? Why does it have to be different? Why pick on me?Nancy Downes: Cuz this time I care. So Richard, we have to move this to the next plateau.
- Barbara Harmon: 17 years since I dated - but believe me nothings changed, Doctor. After 10,000 packs of cigarettes men just breathe heavier, that's all. They still don't know which things hook and which things snap, thank heavens.Dr. Zenwinn: I'm not sure I understand about the "thank heavens". We expect men to be uh, stimulated by the women they take out. Don't we?
- Lionel Blandsforth: This man's in trouble, he's got big problems in his marriage.Dede Murphy: Who hasn't?Lionel Blandsforth: He was married when he was 19. Seventeen years later, look at him, still 19!Dede Murphy: So? Since when do men grow up? They just grow old. Know what I call this apartment sometimes? Boys Town.
- Dr. Zenwinn: Why are you here, Mr. Harmon?Richard Harmon: I uh, I'm here to listen. Two years now she's been telling me to come to see you to, uh you know, save our marriage. So here I am; save it.Dr. Zenwinn: Well that's a mighty tall order now Mr. Harmon, wouldn't you say?
- Barbara Harmon: Well I'm not a pagan, Richard. I want to worship a man, not some facsimile in gold!
- Barbara Harmon: Communication isn't just talking, i-i-it's feeling the other person. It's making contact. Uh, you wouldn't understand.
- Richard Harmon: Well if that's being critical, then I quit!