Divorce American Style - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Divorce American Style Reviews

October 24, 2009
This is movie swerves like an out-of-control car... but it still has a little bit of a plot, so I will keep it at 6.
April 14, 2009
This old movie is quite charming. It has aged very well and is wonderfully quirky. There are some clunky parts, but overall, a fun movie.
March 4, 2009
There were certainly some highs and lows in this one. I suppose it was like their marriage. I love the beginning sequence.
February 14, 2009
Aw c'mon Dick and Debbie can't we all just gt along!?

A young couple struggle with their maturing marriage in a time when marriages were changing... or rather the expectations for marriage and acceptance of divorce were changing... so this movie is like a cultural phenomenon played out. Its like peeking in through the curtains and watching their marriage unfold... or is it unravel?...
½ April 13, 2008
The charm of this film is in its low-key approach. The plot isn't milked for humor or pathos: Both emerge naturally from familiar situations.
½ April 13, 2008
Has the greatest opening ever! A different Van Dyke and Reynolds and Van Johnson, too, actually. I'm surprised this movie survived at all when it was released. It works really well, even now!
April 10, 2008
I'll eat an Irish grape farmer's Scottish terrier before I watch this eggnog-o-rama.
½ March 18, 2008
I didn't like this film.
July 12, 2007
Cheesy. Dated. Strictly for Fans of Ms Reynolds or Mr Van Dyke.
June 30, 2007
Good director...not crazy about this movie. I think I liked Dick Van Dyke better in Mary Poppins.
June 21, 2007
I'm intrigued, and I like Dick van Dyke
½ June 7, 2007
Dick Van Dyke and Debbie Reynolds are great together.
April 12, 2007
I haven't seen this one to rate it. Nor have I seen a Movie trailor to decide if I want to watch it.
April 9, 2007
Dick van Dyke is so hilarious and wonderful in this film. Probably one of the best films from the 1960s, in my opinion.
February 22, 2007
Very funny Dick Van Dyke/Debbie Reynolds comedy about two people in love who can't stand each other. Enjoyable.
December 12, 2006
I wonder what this is about, i think ill see it!
½ October 28, 2006
Debbie doing drama is interesting, basically because after proving so deft at the adorable girl-next-door/Tammy kind of roles, she really proves her worth with an edgier film like this. It's not a great movie and actually kind of drags, but certainly not because of her - she's grade A fab as usual.
½ June 9, 2005
A rather biting comic satire, very well written and fine stylish direction. All the performances are fine, one of Debbie Reynolds and Van Johnson's best performances. Nice camerawork. Very well done in all areas.