The Divorce of Lady X Reviews

• Jun 12, 2017

The Divorce of Lady X is an amazing film. It is about divorce lawyer Everard Logan who thinks the woman who spent the night in his hotel room is the erring wife of his new client. Merle Oberon and Laurence Olivier give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written. Tim Whelan did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor and romance. The Divorce of Lady X is a must see.

• Jun 12, 2014

the chemistry of Sir Olive & Merle Oberon were amazing =)) a fun movie

the chemistry of Sir Olive & Merle Oberon were amazing =)) a fun movie

• Jun 26, 2013

Brilliant, simple, enjoyable comedy filled with joie de vivre by Olivier and Oberon.

• Nov 18, 2011

Horrid! I mean I love crazy screwballs and Laurence Olivier but Oberon is grating to the extreme.

• Oct 04, 2009

A quintessentially english romantic comedy that does quite a good job of emulating the battle-of-the-sexes rom-coms Hollywood was making at the time. My only real criticism would be the cast, although competent, they lack the charisma and that star-quality you would find in an Hollywood affair.

• Aug 26, 2009

good high brow drama

good high brow drama

• Oct 27, 2007

merle and olivier together is wonderful... a very good piece

merle and olivier together is wonderful... a very good piece

• Sep 04, 2007

Positively adorable. A strange twist for often-serious Laurence Olivier that surprisingly works beautifully, and he's absolutely delightful as the smitten barrister... a completely lovely film.

• Aug 14, 2007

Possibly my favorite classic movie ever! I love Merle Oberon!

Possibly my favorite classic movie ever! I love Merle Oberon!

• Aug 10, 2007

A brilliant romantic comedy from the days when brilliance was expected in such a genre. Cute and funny.