Dixieland Reviews

• Aug 17, 2016

It has a chance until the end, where it goes off the rails a bit with some sensational storytelling. Kids may be able to look past the obvious plot fails, but most others won't be able to get over them.

• Aug 01, 2016

Dixieland is a movie with a unique twist. Every character seems to be either a wannabe bad *ss or just run of the mill low life or both. Was the serious need of dental care a requirement to audition for most of the roles? Where did you find these freaks ? You have one circus freak that looks like a Aids poster boy that tells his lame story about how bad LOL he is. Stupid ? Most definitely. Tough guy ? More like the strongest of the weak although his drugs, drink and money manage to entice our stars mother into a hot tub. Obviously blinded by rage he attempts to kill aids boy but ignores the fact Momma might be old but still likes to advertise *ss and party with whoever has the goods. He goes to prison and when released waste no time in hooking up with a stripper who of course only strips cause Mommy has cancer and they need the money. At least she didnt use the even more nauseating "stripping my way through college" excuse. A good life lesson can be learned by any young person who watches the movie. Most people make no attempt to hide what they are. If you are weak minded enough to allow them to use you and drag you down to their level they will be more than happy to oblige you. When the star blowed his brains out at the end that was his first wise choice. I know and have known many outlaws but none as stupid (or butt ugly) as most who were depicted in this freakshow.

• Jun 09, 2016

Well acted and well meaning. The film offers some moments that capture the redneck South., but the emotional impact never really finds the right footing.

• Apr 23, 2016

There is a reality about this view of Dixie that is rarely captured on film - the melding of simple religion and values borne out of despair. It was a hard movie to watch at first, but Kermit and Rachel pulled me in all the way. A must-see in my book.

• Apr 22, 2016

All fluff and no filler. The leads where good I will admit . And premise in its self was intriguing . But the story and characters where under developed . And the great Steve Earle was reduced to a dumb cameo. He and Faith Hill where both capable of so much more had the script allowed. I didn't really care for the documentary style interviews . Too much, overkill . There's a good movie there somewhere among the cigs, mullets and the Gold teeth . Just not sure where

• Apr 20, 2016

Stupid, boring, hard to follow, bad acting and editing, predictable. Best part of the movie was when it ended. Some "people" need to stick to singing, wresting, etc.

• Feb 20, 2016

Pretty good. Well-paced, even storytelling. Likeable characters. Enjoyable perspective.

• Dec 12, 2015

I didn't love this movie, but the main characters made me care. I was rooting for them. And where it was lacking in some of the peripheral performances. It was interesting to look at and overall done pretty well.

• Dec 11, 2015

AMAZING!!!! Great performances by Faith, Riley and Brad Carter. Loved the dreamy quality of the film.

• Dec 10, 2015

reminds me of when i was young... love riley keough in this :)

reminds me of when i was young... love riley keough in this :)