Reviews

• Mar 03, 2011

I wanted to see this live performance for so long and never got the chance to because I'm an old man and my friends just avoided it. So when I saw the home movie opp I was excited. But there is an annoying narration that explains parts of the movie while it is playing. Unacceptable. I don't know if it was just the version I saw, but it no longer becomes a real performance piece and becomes a pedantic documentary. They could have had it explain parts before, or after, but if there was this voiceover during the live show, I don't think it would have been as popular as it was. As much as I'm a Paul D. Miller fan, this is not good. Support him anyway. But I still only give it 1.5 stars because that voice killed me.

• Jan 09, 2010

Gets 5 stars purely because now, when people stupidly ask why I think The Birth of a Nation is racist, I can send them here. Bonus points for the excellent soundtrack and steampunk-cool idea of remixing a silent film.