Django - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Django Reviews

September 17, 2017
Corbucci's 'Django' hasn't Leone's grandeur, but it's got Corbucci's creativity. The poor voice dubbing aside (which is stranger to its director's responsibility), it is a surprising, muddy and spontaneous film whose exploitation tone is perhaps the key to its success, taking full advantage of the artistic liberties implied by its cheapness - that is -being juicy in its violence and anomalies. Franco Nero's blue-eyed Django (whose name is as much of a landmark in the genre of the absence of one of Eastwood's character) drags a mysterious coffin in this explosive Italian Western, a coffin added to his portrayal, entering into its myth.
August 23, 2017
This movie has great turnpoints. On the other hand, there were some few moments I couldn't believe my eyes were seeing such a silly sequence. Despite of that, a good movie!
August 20, 2017
I cant recommend this great film highly enough. its got to be my favorite western. Django is a badass cowboy who fearless takes on a huge number of evildoers. then, even when his hands have been crushed, he continues kicking ass. the best thing about the film is the great theme song which plays repeatedly in the film as you see Django just slaughtering the gangs of evil cowboys. its a beautiful looking film also, looks similar to the great Fistful of Dollars
½ January 2, 2017
God, I love this movie. It's nice to settle back to the real Django. Great, now this damn song will be stuck in my head for days again...
December 22, 2016
Fun little ultra-violent western. Love the casket gag. Love how he shoots people up. I think I may like this more than I liked QT's version. Good times. Good concept, good execution.
December 2, 2016
"What cemetery spat you out?"

Gritty, violent and over the top spaghetti perfection. Avoid the English dub!
½ July 5, 2016
Finally got around to viewing this spaghetti classic. Released at the same time as Fistfull of Dollars, this was apparently much more popular in Europe. Nero is great as the tough ex-union soldier Django, playing against warring factions in a muddy, dirty town. Not as outrageous as Keoma, but good wacky western.
March 15, 2016
The phenomenal 60s inspiration for Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained. This is truly superb, filled with fantastic effects and encompasses all a thrilling Western should be with a striking comment on apartheid and struggle.
March 1, 2016
Django (1966) ???
Compelling Spaghetti Western is extremely violent as mysterious man carries coffin to town where he gets on bad sides with both Southern racists and a Mexican rebellion; at turns, both bloody and sadistic. Now-legendary title song, with a terrific finish. Franco Nero is quite effective as Django.
January 7, 2016
It may not be as grandiose a sphagetti western as The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, but it predates it, and its pulpy thrills and exaggerated gun fights certainly were vital towards creating you-know-who's aesthetic.
December 19, 2015
While it contains one of the most iconic opening scenes in cinema history, the direction and Franco Nero's performance don't make it better.
½ October 13, 2015
An amazing B-movie Spaghetti Western that has prompted countless imitations and unofficial sequels (one official only), boasting an iconic sullen anti-hero who would greatly influence the Italian sub-genre. A muddy, violent classic that should not be missed.
August 4, 2015
The music is great. Franc's face is great. The rest of it is pretty forgettable.
½ July 23, 2015
130426: I was very leery buying this $27 BluRay but desperate for some western action on a quite night. Checked my Flixter App. and made the plunge. Turned out to be a decent Spaghetti Western with all the traits that make those westerns so great. Fun film though I wasn't a big fan of the finale - broken hands do not make one shoot better.
½ July 4, 2015
Whoa. Franco Nero. Could this guy be any better-looking?
Violent, much?! Not the best voice-over.
Memorable movie, though.
June 12, 2015
Much-admired cult classic is almost on par with the Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns of the time period.
½ May 3, 2015
Cheesy but entertaining. The original Django remarks as a classic spagetti western with almost all the elements in it.
March 17, 2015
An Excellently Made Spaghetti Western. Django Is Known As One Of The Genre's Best Films After Leone's Dollars Trilogy. The Film Is Not Only Notable For Its Artistry Of It's Construction, But Also For It's Strong Political & Racial Overtones. The Film Is Also Noted For The Number Of Unofficial Sequels, So This Works. Django Only Had One Official Sequel, That Was Django Strikes Again (1987), Where The Style Is Totally Different Again. This Is High Up On My List Of Best Western's ever made
February 21, 2015
one of the best spaghetti westerns i have ever seen and it has one of the best them songs as well
February 6, 2015
THE best Spaghetti Western I've ever seen! Good pace, nice acting, and superior storyline. This is what you should gage when rating Spaghetti Westerns. See it and buy it whenever you can find it!