Django Reviews

• Nov 03, 2020

Great movie, the plot and the events leave us fascinated to the point of not taking my eyes off the screen, besides leaving a great question in the end: what happened next?

• Aug 24, 2020

Django is honestly a great spaghetti western and it's actually a great movie as well. The movie's got a pretty interesting story, which is set on the USA-Mexican border straight after the civil war. We get introduced to Django (Franco Nero) who's an ex-union soldier, who wants his vengeance on the Ku Klux Klan. The movie's acting from Franco Nero is actually pretty decent but apart from that, the rest of the actors/actress acting throughout this movie is very over the top. Also, the dialogue which is given from each character throughout this movie is good but it's nothing special or amazing. The pacing throughout this movie is alright. It could be a bit better for the builds up, which end up happening throughout this movie. Finally, the action sequences throughout this movie are very graphic and very clever and they're also very well done. Especially that one at the end, that one's honestly class. Overall, Django is honestly a great spaghetti western movie. It's got a pretty interesting story, some decent acting, some good dialogue, very graphic and very clever action sequences throughout.

• Jul 18, 2020

Such a great Western, I prefered it in Italian over the English dub even though it's set in America, never been a fan of dubbed films. This film is a classic, the violence alone shows why it was banned in the UK for decades.

• May 11, 2020

I feel like this movie should be talked about more often. When I talk about this movie, people refer to Django Unchained. Today, Django is one of the most underrated spaghetti westerns of all time. Because of the controversy that happened in the past, I can see why.

• Feb 17, 2020

One of the classic Spaghetti Western movies produced in the 1960s, Django remains a crazy, almost spoof tale of the brooding hero who rides into a US town and saves the day. It is ridiculously over the top and very dated in style but it is a great example of the genre and still great fun.

• Jan 25, 2020

In the hands of a director like Sergio Leone, the stoic and astonishingly handsome Franco Nero would have become another Clint Eastwood. Some of the scenes recall those from Leone's "For a Few More Dollars." A note about the casting: three of the antagonists and the protagonist (Nero) look (for the first 20 minutes or so) confusingly alike.

• Dec 14, 2019

Django (1966) 4,0 ⭐️ #MovieReview Homem arrastando um caixão salva mulher que foi espancada por mexicanos, mais ia ser queimada por outro grupo que a salvou apenas para matá-la. Nisso se envolve em disputa dos grupos. Mas há mais segredos aí. Clássico!

• Sep 23, 2019

"Can you hear this?!" Django is a gunfighter wandering across the West dragging a coffin carrying a military-grade machine gun. And he winds up in a small town beset by Mexican bandits and the KKK.... and well..... like I said, Django carries around a machine gun at all times. Obviously the only reason I know about this movie is Tarantino making Django Unchained, but he didn't just take the title and the title song but also bits of the score and QT definitely got a couple scenes from this movie. Django taking on the KKK, we got that in Django Unchained, too.... the KKK didn't exist until after the Civil War which DU is set before so they're called Regulators back then but nevertheless... 90 minutes, not the 3 hours a guy like Leone would put into a Western so it's over before you know it. Franco Nero... I mean he's got the look. That Man with No Name air about him that Clint Eastwood had. He's very good in this. Unlike Eastwood's character in the Leone movies Django's not at all a bad guy he's much more of a typical Western hero.... aside from his body count. The version I saw wasn't a very good transfer so the movie doesn't look that great but I could tell it was well made. Sergio Carbucci had a good handle on this spaghetti Western. Nice and violent, lots of blasting, punching, etc. Seeing a guy mow down 50 Klansmen with a gatling gun is just plain fun. And a really great finale in the cemetery after Django's lost the use of his hands It didn't quite have that.... whatever you want to call it, the it factor Leone's movies had. Leone had Eastwood, Ennio Morricone and of course Tonino Delli Colli's masterful cinematography. Django's like a B-movie version.... of Leone's movies, which were meant to be B-movies themselves. I've seen better westerns than Django but I've seen worse. Beats the hell out of The Searchers I'll tell ya that.

• Jan 09, 2019

Django is a amazing western with some great action. The acting is done really well and fits with all the characters. The characters are great and fit with there roles in the film. The action is a lot more spread across the movie then a few more dollars or a fistful of dollars but that doesnt mean a bad thing. There are some great action scenes in this film from guns to knifes. The music is also great and fits the tone of the film, and the style is shown all through out the film and takes it apart from other films. Over all I give it a 8.9r/10

• Dec 23, 2018

The English dub on this is great in its imperfection.

The English dub on this is great in its imperfection.