DMT: The Spirit Molecule - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

DMT: The Spirit Molecule Reviews

November 2, 2012
It was informative but a little one sided.
September 30, 2012
Interestingly enough! New possibilities opening.
September 23, 2012
Some old people describing trips with some visuals. Pretty boring.
September 20, 2012
Although I did enjoy learning about the effects of ayahuasca and what experiences come of it, I really thought that this documentary did not have enough material for the length of the movie. I love to recommend good documentaries, but this one would not be one that I would recommend.
August 16, 2012
Really fascinating scientific information hinted at here... But it's usurped by the focus on individual experiences which, I think, is difficult to swallow. It's just a little too new-agey to be accessible to the average viewer. Still, I enjoyed the educational content.
½ August 15, 2012
40% scientific methodology, 60% metaphysics

coming out as the first DMT research based documentary, recommended
August 3, 2012
"Within us All..."

I heard about this documentary and right away had to see it. I knew a little about DMT, but it is so fascinating, you want to know more. What I got from DMT was a lot of technical mumbo jumbo and some personal experiences with DMT. All in all, the movie was informative, but not entertaining. When I was about half way into it, I noticed that I wasn't fully engaged to what these scientists were saying anymore. I can only listen to so many scientists basically say the same thing over and over again. Luckily the film was short, but it still felt extremely dragged out.

The subject is what sucked me into watching this. It's something that's interesting enough, but this film doesn't do it justice. I'm sure a much better and more entertaining film could be made from the topic. I would suggest skipping this to just about everyone unless you like listening to smart people say big words about the "The Spirit Molecule."

This isn't a film I enjoyed watching. That isn't to say that it's a complete failure, but you have to do something to keep the viewer engaged. I'm a believer that you can make a documentary on anything and make it interesting. I've seen documentaries on Monopoly, Donkey Kong, and air guitar competitions. All were interesting and actually fun to watch because the people involved knew how to inform and keep you entertained. The ones here did not.
July 4, 2012
Well if you are a fan of such chemical compound, and have experienced it.. This is a great documentary for ya
May 17, 2012
Amazing, mind blowing boredom.
April 9, 2012
Very interesting to watch and know this psychedelic chemical is already actually in our brains.