Do You Believe? Reviews

• Oct 22, 2019

I really loved this movie. Very touching with unexpected twists and turns.

I really loved this movie. Very touching with unexpected twists and turns.

• Jul 24, 2019

Christian version of Crash. One of the best Christian films ever made.

Christian version of Crash. One of the best Christian films ever made.

• Jul 22, 2019

This is honestly one of my all time favorite films as it feels like real life. I'm sure every Believer has experienced moments like those depicted in the film and seen GOD'S Miracles at work in their lives and others. It's honestly a must see.

• Jun 20, 2019

very powerful and emotional

very powerful and emotional

• Mar 23, 2019

Wow! Totally unexpected....Very much a cultural niche film for the experienced mature Christian. Has the look and feel of an independent art film with professional production values and good performances. Its script manages to be both unpredictably in-the-moment with the action, but still models accurate spiritual dynamics in playing out in real-life situations as practicing Christians know them to operate. Ultimately, it begs the question: are we as Christians ready to pay the price for our choices and let GOD be sovereign with the outcome?

• Feb 24, 2019

This is an excellent movie which I highly recommend! The Rotten Tomato critics who hated this movie are rotten tomatoes themselves!

• Dec 16, 2018

Absolutely outstanding!

Absolutely outstanding!

• Nov 28, 2018

"Do You Believe" is the story of twelve people and how their lives intersect. Some of these people are followers of Jesus Christ - they believe - and some do not. Some who do not believe come to believe. Some who do believe have their faith impacted by those who do not believe. The story ends with a dying man miraculously coming back to life and a voice over narration that lets us know God is at work in all our lives and it's up to us to believe or not. I truly love the concept of this story; however, the complexity of telling twelve different stories at the same time takes its toll on the authenticity of the events depicted. Much of what we see is only a caricature of the real world and fairly unrealistic. As a result, you may be pulled out of the story and left unfulfilled. My suggestion is that you watch this film with the understanding that it is not "real life" but a concept of the intricacies of our world and how God is working in each and every one of our lives on a daily basis. If you watch with that point of view, and with those lowered expectations, I believe this film will have a powerful deep impact that will touch your heart. There is some good acting in this film from Mira Sorvino, Sean Astin, and Delroy Lindo who plays my favorite character in the film - a street preacher. This is a darker story about how difficult life can be; punctuated by the understanding that God is ultimately in control.

• Nov 01, 2018

Very interesting movie with concurrent story lines and lots of action. This movie covers many different kinds of problems people have in their lives including loneliness, homelessness, suicide attenpts, gangs, and PTSD. It is all done in a way older children can watch without being graphic. The acting was believable and the movie had me on the edge of my seat at the end especially. Great movie and message about love, reaching out to others, and how wrong associations can ruin your life,. But also how Christ is always there to welcome you no matter how much of a mess your life has become. Great movie and message!

• Sep 03, 2018

I really enjoyed this, despite most of the reviews which are unfortunately based on inherent bias. like most Christian based movies with good heart that come from a good place. it seems that none of the good ones can escape the torch of the SJW who think it is glorifying to insult another's beliefs. Either way the movie was very powerful and had a lot of great acting; in the end it shows us that things aren't always as we want or expect them to be. So the real question Is when times are their darkest and you don't know where to turn... what do you believe, and in the end, Do you believe?