Doctor Mordrid (1992)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Doctor Mordrid Videos

Doctor Mordrid Photos

Movie Info

Doctor Mordrid (Jeffrey Combs) is an interdimensional sorcerer whose earth cover consists of acting as a super for a Manhattan apartment building. He gets word from his contact that a rival sorcerer, Kabal (Brian Thompson), has escaped and is coming to earth to take over the planet. Framed by Kabal for murder, Mordrid is sent to jail where his girlfriend (Yvette Nipar) is the only one who can help him escape -- and prevent the destruction of Earth. ~ John Bush, Rovi
Rating:

as Fireman
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Doctor Mordrid

All Critics (1)

I suggest superhero buffs take some time out to indulge in Mordrid.

Full Review… | September 4, 2012
Cinema Crazed

Audience Reviews for Doctor Mordrid

This is a comic book movie and I'm surprised it was '92 because it's heavily late '80's style which as I remember was still going well in the early '90's, anyway it's a sci-fi, magic, fantasy kind of thing. I don't know what they were thinking with the costumes. Combs, who was so hot throughout the movie, had to wear purple silk pj's that were laughable as magic robes. The set in his apartment was cool to look at, the special effects were substandard but I think they all were at the time. The leading lady was flat. The only thing to really do with this movie is watch Combs because he's awesome.

Super Kawaii
Super Kawaii
½

Classic Full Moon material with the always badass Jeffrey Combs playing the mysterious sorcerer know as Dr. Anton Mordrid who must engage in magical battles against the evil wizard Kabal (played hilariously by character actor Brian Thompson) who is invading our Dimension in hopes of taking over the world. Cheese-tastic film with some funny effects and even funnier acting. This was the first film I ever got to see on Pay-per-view. Don't know why my mom let me watch it (especially with the nice titties and bush scene somewhere in the middle), but hey, I enjoyed the heck out of the movie. Also, there are 4 magical, early-90's mullets in this film. Can you spot them all?

Jason Duron
Jason Duron

Discussion Forum

Discuss Doctor Mordrid on our Movie forum!

News & Features