Doctor Who: The Empty Child Reviews

• Mar 06, 2020

Very creepy on the edge of your chair stuff great stuff.

Very creepy on the edge of your chair stuff great stuff.

• Mar 09, 2019

One of the best Christopher Eccleston episodes, and one of Moffat's best scripts. We even get to meet Captain Jack in this one. Part two, "The Doctor Dances," is just as good, with the happiest of endings. Itï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s brilliant episodes like this one that make you remember just how good Doctor Who used to be before Chris Chibnall broke it. So sad to see a once great show become crap.

• Jun 03, 2016

O episódio tem um ritmo muito bom, mantém o suspense de uma forma extremamente inteligente e garante uma revelação completamente inesperada no final. Um dos melhores episódios de Doctor Who.

• Nov 12, 2015

Most definitely one of the best episodes of the new series, if not the best. With brilliant writing and amazing characters, it really shows what Doctor Who is all about. First off, the mere concept of the zombie-like Empty Child is chillingly genius. A creature who follows you wherever you go, uttering the singular phrase "are you my mummy?" Is enough to haunt anyone, and the scene where Dr. Constantine is transformed is truly terrifying. And yet, this monster is also truly human, simply a frightened little boy looking for his mum. This is played out perfectly, with a happy ending which seems natural and well-deserved. All-in-all, this is a true gem of an episode, not only introducing the charismatic Captain Jack, but also showing just how truly under-appreciated Christopher Eccleston's Doctor is.

• Apr 25, 2015

A great Christopher Eccleston episode. One of the best from season one. Are you my mummy? ð???

• Feb 18, 2015

Christopher Eccleston really shows the Doctor's serious side in all of his episodes in season 1.

• Dec 28, 2014

Yes a Good Who episode With Chris... But not so good I didn't like the Villans in this I expected More!ð???

• Aug 16, 2014

A very good Doctor Who story to represent Christopher Eccleston's time as the Doctor and one of Steven Moffat's better stories for new Who.

• Jul 05, 2014

I am a massive whovian and this is an amazing episode. Are you my mummy?

I am a massive whovian and this is an amazing episode. Are you my mummy?

• Jan 23, 2014

Bloody fantastic. For me, even scarier than the weeping angels!

Bloody fantastic. For me, even scarier than the weeping angels!