Doctor Who - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doctor Who Reviews

September 26, 2014
Let me start off by saying that I'm a huge Whovian, and I really wanted to love the shit out of this movie, but dear God no! I'm not hating on it because it was slightly campy like Classic Who - that would have been fun! No. This was just plain bad.

For one, the acting was terrible. Grace Holloway as a companion was nothing short of annoying. I wanted to rip her to pieces, the idiot. The other Asian guy was just plain stupid and nothing but a nondescript minion for the Master. The Master himself was just plain overacting and his plan was shoddy at best. The plot premise was dodgy and haphazard and no groundwork was set, leaving me often confused as to what was going on. And to top it all off, it had none of the British charm that Doctor Who is so widely known and loved for. None. save McGaan, but was all there was.

Paul McGaan though. He was good. And the TARDIS interior was nice and VERY different. And that was about all the good stuff about this movie. Whovians, do yourself a favor and avoid this. Personally, this ranks just above Abzorbaloff (Love and Monsters) on my list.
½ September 18, 2014
The Americans had more of a clue about Doctor Who than Steven Moffat does.
September 4, 2014
Amazing recommend to all dr who lovers
September 1, 2014
This is a good example of what not to do in a Doctor Who movie. Paul McGann as the Doctor wasn't too bad but over all disappointing. The worst part without a doubt is the Master's line that The Doctor is half human.
½ August 5, 2014
It's a bit embarrassing, to be honest.
June 20, 2014
very confusing,although it was a a good movie
June 7, 2014
Don't get the hate for this tv film which was the first try at rebooting Doctor Who for morden viewers. Well made for a American version of a UK series, most are not that good (Prime Suspect! Need i say more?). The story line reminded a little of The Hidden with The Master being reborn as a body hoper trying to take over the newly born 8th Doctor's body. Underrated in my view!
May 24, 2014
Even though I am the biggest dr who fan in Essex, it was good could of been better, but what do you expect from a film made in 1996, but it is a must see
April 23, 2014
Favorite show hands down. This outing maybe deeply flawed but McGann's performance is great.
March 7, 2014
that good want to see it every day
½ March 1, 2014
The Doctor Who movie is a bit dumb. And I mean really dumb but in a good way. It's not a perfect movie it's just... average. I am a great fan of the show with both the 1963-1989 era and the 2005-present era. It does stick out like a sore thumb in the Doctor Who timeline but, hey it's not that bad. Do I hate it: no, do I love it: no, do I think it's okay: yes. But it is good to watch if you are a die hard fan of the show. If your not then stay away from this one.
February 23, 2014
Decent Movie if ur a fan
February 9, 2014
Muy infravalorada que esta esta película, incluso entre los fans de la serie :/, aunque si se nota mucho el toque gringo que le quisieron dar al Doctor , una lastima que no continuaron la serie con Paul McGann.
February 8, 2014
Just an excuse to pull the old Doctor Who series in with the new one. Paul McGann plays the eighth doctor in this one time feature brought to you from the BBC and Fox. It's horrible as a movie but pretty decent as a piece of whovian history.
February 7, 2014
Best thing about it is Paul McGann & Daphne Ashbrook
February 5, 2014
Boring and horribly written. This is less of a b-movie and more of a vessel for Whovians to connect the dots. Paul McGann is one of my favorite Doctors however, I feel he has been shafted. He only really has this movie and a five minuet short for the Doctor Who 50th. Weirdly enough this movie has Will Sasso of Mad TV fame. Yeah... if you don't remember him then don't try to.
½ January 31, 2014
One if the darker moments of the Doctor's history. Quite embarrassing.
January 28, 2014
Trying to break into the American market seemed quite apparent but I so wish that Paul McGann had a chance to at least have a season as the Doctor.
I don't feel he had more time to make it his own.
Ps. Sylvester McCoy deserved better!
½ January 10, 2014
Good but not enough for fans.
January 7, 2014
Not as cheesy as the 80's Doctor Who serials.