Doctor Blood's Coffin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doctor Blood's Coffin Reviews

November 4, 2015
Another film in the essence of Frankenstein or other killing people and reviving or graverobbing type of films. This one is just really slow and really boring. Didn't care for thus one much. Seemed boring straight from the jump.
September 12, 2015
Some decent make-up jobs aside, this one was largely boring, with more time than I'd care to mention spent watching our characters walk around a village the surrounding countryside, which is some really dynamic viewing, let me tellya.

Pass, unless you're a completist for someone involved in this one.
½ March 15, 2014
Here, have some curare with your coffee--Good but unsung little horror film in the Frankenstein vein!!
½ January 16, 2012
As many other movies shot in the 50's and 60's, this one's title and cover are somewhat misleading (lose the coffin). The storyline is about a doctor coming back to his hometown and doing illegal research in order to overcome death. It is not a particularly great or interesting exemplar of such movies, feeling at times like a cheap version of others, although it may be a more or less involuntary pioneer in the zombie movie genre. For instance, I couldn't help but think about Re-Animator (Gordon 1985), which share some basic premises, although the focus of both movie is quite different.
½ December 1, 2010
Possibly one of the worst films of this genre that I've watched. There was so much potential, and it just dragged on. A lot could've been cut out, and the only reason I sat through it was because I knew the end would redeem itself. And it barely did.
½ November 23, 2010
Another low budget mad scientist movie that's not well made, but has a couple of good actors. I really was disappointed with it, it has such a cool title.
August 10, 2010
Blandly directed horror quickie apes the visual traits of Hammer Studios with varying degrees of success. Nicholas Roeg was a journeyman camera operator on this lurid project, which peaks with a gruesome heart transplant and falls downhill for the remaining 45 minutes. Hazel Court classes up the joint as a sexy, moralistic nurse with a heart of gold.
August 8, 2010
It was perhaps ill-served by an overly salacious title that had virtually nothing to DO with the movie (the titular coffin only makes one appearance), Doctor Blood's Coffin is at its heart a moral struggle with the dawn of human organ transplant and the often bitter battle over whether only God has the power to imbue life or if our understanding is his divine permission to go forward. And in this it succeeds surprisingly well.
½ June 12, 2009
Dude I so wish the drive in's would play old movies like this. These movies usually suck but you can't beat their classic feel!
February 27, 2008
its okay... intersting idea... lame graphics... quick ending...
October 10, 2007
Ancient campy horror movie I watched with my dad about 30 years ago.
June 21, 2007
Meh, even though its an old horror movie it still could be good...
½ March 10, 2007
Pretty average horror film about a mad doctor trying to re-animate the dead. Beautiful scenery and some decent performances save this one from being too awful.