Doctor Who - The Ark in Space - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doctor Who - The Ark in Space Reviews

January 26, 2016
allright Dr Who episode.
August 15, 2014
One of the best Doctor Who stories up there with Genesis of the Daleks and The Caves of Androzani.
February 5, 2014
Cool premise and good acting. Should not have been in 4 parts but still worth watching non the less.
August 12, 2011
The real beginning of the Hinchcliffe produced "Gothic Era" of "Doctor Who" which would go on to be seen by most as the most successful and best period of "Doctor Who". Very strong story that could have been an influence on Ridley Scott's "Alien". Wonderful dialogue, great performances, and loads of creativity that went into the making of this story. Tom Baker era "Who". When it comes to Science Fiction television, it really doesn't get much better. Disregard the special effects(they're irrelevant) and check out this awesome, well crafted story.
April 11, 2011
An interesting idea for a story with the potential to be really scary, unfortunately there was a little too much green painted bubble wrap for my liking.
April 1, 2011
Its the fourth doctor, I mean what else needs to be said about it :)
Seriously, if you are expecting razzle dazzle special effects you will hate it. But this is classic Doctor Who at its cheesy best.
February 8, 2011
Doctor Who does "Alien" 4 years before Ridley Scott. Quite creepy and effective.
½ January 11, 2011
The first of the old Doctor Who shows that I've seen so far I didn't like that it was split up into parts, but the costumes were pretty good.
August 18, 2010
Doctor Who goes all out Star Trek in this futuristic story of the last remaining humans, suspended in time as they wait for a decimated Earth to recover from a cataclysmic event thousands of years ago. As they wake, they find they are not alone, as a giant parasitic lava has started to take over the ship and its inhabitants.

The ideas are intriguing ones, reused in part in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Red Dwarf series. The sets are by far some of the best I've seen on the Who series; taking influence from Space Odessy and Star Trek. Unfortunatly though, the 'monster' itself is a real let down, and does somewhat ruin what is a good story. It's a shame there wasn't better material available to the production team than bubblewrap and clingfilm, because this makes what could have been a classic piece of sci-fi tele into rather a laughable one at times (though not throughout I wouldn't say). Still, the Doctor, his companions and even the bit-part actors do well in this story and it's a pretty watchable addition to the series as a whole; showing rather an exciting potential for the 'new' Doctor of the time.