Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story Reviews

December 5, 2016
Hilarious film with tons of great and likable characters
November 27, 2016
- This is a silly but amusing film that I have now watched a few times. I enjoy the entire cast, and it was one of the last films Vince Vaughn did that was quite funny. Stiller plays his obnoxious character perfectly and I always enjoy seeing Rip Torn on screen. Worth watching if in the mood for something silly.

- Just watched this again for the second time, quite amusing but in my opinion not as good as it could have been given the cast.
November 17, 2016
Great comedy. I laugh out loud every time I watch it
August 31, 2016
Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller make you laugh a lot!
August 30, 2016
I can clearly remember growing up in high school when this movie was all the rage. Everyone was talking about it and quoting it left and right. I'll also admit I found it fairly entertaining, and that's why after years of not seeing it, I wanted to check it out again. Boy has this thing not aged well.

The film's premise is still sound and some of the characters still feel fun, but most of the jokes and gags really don't work for me anymore. Now some do, but I found myself rolling my eyes more often than laughing, which for a comedy is a real problem. The only thing I could think of after the fact, was did I really find it that funny all those years ago, or did I think I liked it because most of my peers did, and there for I was supposed to like it? If for nothing else raising the question of such ideas of how film is influenced by peers, social groups, and a collective the film was worth the re-watch. But not for Ben Stiller's scene chewing, defiantly not for that.
½ August 26, 2016
Super funny no question about it
½ August 18, 2016
Comedic genius! One of my fave comedies! Vince Vaughn just plays himself, but Ben Stiller ,Stephen Root, Rip Torn, Alan Tudyk, and Jason Bateman were all hilarious! Nothing like a sports underdog movie that is totally devoted to silliness!
½ August 11, 2016
Among a Cult Classic! Dodgeball Makes fun of all the cliches in a underdog story for being over the top
August 10, 2016
A fun and hilarious pre-modern comedy. Stiller proves his way of hype humor while Vaughn proves his way of classic lead-role subtlety in this slapstick and competitively engaging film. Dodgeball was certainly a fun game during my youth, and it feels quite profound to see it portrayed as if it were an actual sport (the making of this film must've been a blast). While the jokes are technically nothing too special or new, you still get a good laugh with just about every moment with the overall theme saving the film itself. Grab life by the ball.
½ August 10, 2016
This is one of those movies you can watch pretty much anytime it comes on TV and still have it be enjoyable. Cliche plot of underdogs trying to do the impossible, but regardless the film is funny and provides surprisingly witty commentary on our society.
jamrcla
½ July 20, 2016
Funny film, Ben Stiller plays his part really well if he wasn't in it it would of been quite a drag as the rest of the cast were pretty bland and unfunny.
July 15, 2016
stupidly funny in alot of places
July 11, 2016
Rating: 78%
Funny as well as oddly heartwarming (at least in the end), Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story is a very enjoyable and (kind of) well-meaning comedy.
½ June 29, 2016
Even with only a small handful of laughs, this sports comedy still leaves you in stitches.
½ June 27, 2016
The badass comedy is perfect for what it need's to be.
½ June 25, 2016
Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story is Ben Stiller's best movie and he played his role amazingly. Dodgeball is probably Vince Vaughn's second best movie. His best movie is Unfinished Business. However, the plot of this movie was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller are comedy gold. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ June 5, 2016
A funny comedy that will make you laugh out loud and will make you want to play dodgeball.
May 31, 2016
One of the more strange movies I've seen, but friendship really plays a part in this.
½ May 17, 2016
Some very funny scenes
May 17, 2016
This is an awful comedy that I made me laugh twice in the whole film. And that's not even laugh out loud either, just small giggles. Ben Stiller is annoyingly unfunny and although the average joes are likeable. It's not enough to make up for the horrendous script and predictability.