Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story Reviews

October 29, 2017
Just another great time watching a hilarious movie.
September 4, 2017
Who knew the game of dodgeball would make such a funny movie. Great casting too.
½ September 1, 2017
This movie is great and will bring out many laughs
½ July 28, 2017
Funny then, funny today, funny tomorrow. Love this movie.
July 25, 2017
Dodgeball
Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller's brilliance made Dodgeball more than just 'a true underdog story'
½ July 14, 2017
Had some great laughs but a little bit too ridiculous in some parts
½ June 19, 2017
Sure, the premise is way out there and really ESPN 8? But in the end the two leads in Vaughn and Stiller with just enough star power in the supporting cast Dodgeball is a super funny and highly quotable movie for the ages.
½ June 16, 2017
I love Vince Vaughn movies, so I gave this a shot. Boy was I shocked at how bad this was! No redeeming qualities, and no funniness, whatsoever. one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
May 16, 2017
-Ballshot- "Are you angry now, son?"
May 4, 2017
A feel-good sports comedy. It's a familiar underdog story about a group of misfits who bond together, but dodgeball is a game that hasn't really been used in movies, so it feels fresh and exciting. One of the more surprising highlights is Jason Bateman in a hilarious announcing role. Other than that I think the cast could have been picked better, but it's a fun movie. (First viewing - Summer 2004 in theaters)
½ April 25, 2017
Classic, quotable and always halarious. One of those comedies that you can watch again and again and withoutâ??a doubt will last generations as it's formula is timeless it speaks to every generation.
March 20, 2017
This isn't funny, Vince Vaughn is so bland and empty when trying to be funny
March 2, 2017
Review: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story is directed and written by Rawson Marshall Thurber, and it stars Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller, Christine Taylor, and Rip Torn in a comedy about a group of friends in a fitness group that doesn't have enough money to save their gym, and so they go to a dodgeball tournament to win the money to save it from another gym that wants to buy it off. It's been a while to see a film with Vince Vaughn as a main role, and it's been a while to see a film with Vince Vaughn even in it. So with that on the way, let's get to this film. It's refreshing to see Vince Vaughn act likable while also being not so bright as he usually plays unlikable characters that are dumb in the head. The supporting cast is really good and have memorable characteristics of them that's very silly, but it's really funny. The dodgeball scenes are very entertaining to watch and can be very fun when seeing it as an actual sport event. The cameo scenes can get a bit too much, but most of them have purpose for being there. Seeing Ben Stiller be the villain is both interesting and funny at the same time, and seeing him be a parody of guys that are really fit to be egotistical of themselves. The plot is familiar, but it's a comedy, so the structure will always be familiar, and it's very silly to the point that I was interested in where it's going. Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story is a great flick that is just hilarious enough on its own to forgive most of its flaws.
½ February 22, 2017
2/22/2017: A really good flick. A good cast with plenty of funny moments.
February 21, 2017
Dodgeball's overall idea is very intriguing and it fulfills with some excellent comedy sequences. I am not a big Ben Stiller fan, but he does a stellar job as the heel character and finally makes me laugh.
February 11, 2017
This is one of my favorite older movies! Can't believe it came out in 2004! Deffinetly an awesome classic! ??????
February 4, 2017
Rip Torn & Ben Stiller are fantastic in this slightly silly but always funny comedy flick.
December 11, 2016
Saw it opening day. I laugh so hard every time i see it. Ben Stiller is so funny. Touche.
December 5, 2016
Hilarious film with tons of great and likable characters
November 27, 2016
- This is a silly but amusing film that I have now watched a few times. I enjoy the entire cast, and it was one of the last films Vince Vaughn did that was quite funny. Stiller plays his obnoxious character perfectly and I always enjoy seeing Rip Torn on screen. Worth watching if in the mood for something silly.

- Just watched this again for the second time, quite amusing but in my opinion not as good as it could have been given the cast.