Dog Days Reviews

• Jul 23, 2018

Some bad movies are kinda good. Especially when there are dogs involved.

Some bad movies are kinda good. Especially when there are dogs involved.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Apr 28, 2016

The interweaving stories of low lives in Austria in uncomfortable situtions. The naturalistic depression goes on for 2 whole hours, definitely not worth watching even though John Waters recommended it.

• Feb 09, 2013

(**): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon13.gif[/img] Its like an Austrian Gummo with its tone. I wanted to like it, but this is nothing more than an interesting and depressing misfire to me.

• Jan 21, 2013

This film is build on several stupid people. Anoyingly stupid people I must say. Not very artsy, just weird, disturbing and quite sad. I won't forget the characters in some time, and this might be the film's strongest feature. It reminded me a bit of "Gummo" mixed with "Dogtooth"s sterility and the nudity of "Idioterne". I will remember it, but not as a whole or certain scenes, just the characters. Halv a mark added since I liked that rain scene a lot.

• Sep 13, 2012

One of my top ten movies. Horror, alienation and disgust

One of my top ten movies. Horror, alienation and disgust

• Aug 21, 2012

Inte bara Haneke som kan! Svettig episodfilm i flera bemärkelser.

Inte bara Haneke som kan! Svettig episodfilm i flera bemärkelser.

• Jan 22, 2012

The subject matter of suburban dysfunction usually gets black comedy treatment, but this movie takes a different approach. Shot in documentary style, it has voyeuristic effect where the viewer is observing miserable lives of several people. None of the characters is likeable, and the director doesn't hold back to show their desperation. It's not an easy watch at times, yet somehow it's an engrossing experience.

• Aug 08, 2011

A very weird and psycho movie concerning about a community in Austria.. Too many people played a peculiar role in this movie.. In short, people are weird..

• Jun 19, 2011

quite a disturbing image of modern life and very often true to the limits

quite a disturbing image of modern life and very often true to the limits

• Apr 13, 2011

A drab film about uninteresting and unhappy people.

A drab film about uninteresting and unhappy people.