Dog Days of Summer Reviews

• Dec 14, 2010

Pretty decent, not very original, overall just a decent movie. Ive met MArk Freiburger though, twice. He was a student of my current film "teacher" in my high school. MArk is a cool guy, but this film is decent at best

• Mar 14, 2010

Interesting coming of age sorry but left something to be desired. I wanted more substance to the whole thing. Nice setting and I think good acting from the kids though

• Aug 21, 2009

Watch this on HBO or cable...don't pay for it.

Watch this on HBO or cable...don't pay for it.

• Aug 09, 2009

We rented it last night. The description in the DVD case made it sound like a suspense story, but it wasn't. While I do get the biblical references (Eli Cottonmouth is the snake in the garden of eden, the model is the apple, and it shows them that the town is full of sinners) it wasn't what we were expecting.

• Jun 29, 2009

pretty pointless, slow and boring morality tale of small town america.........good cinematography and decent acting let down by poor plot

• Jun 25, 2009

Really good coming of age story

Really good coming of age story

• Jun 02, 2009

Devon Gearhart did such a phenomenal job in "Canvas", I purchased this film when it finally made it to video sight unseen. It is an unusual film. The plot or point of the story is unclear, as it is impossible to tell where this film is going. It seems like a whimsical dreamy like family film, but turns out to be much darker, with a religious twist, and a very moving fantasy moment just before the end. Disappointed on first viewing, I have come to really like the movie on repeated viewings. I just wish the script was a little more revealing and focused. Recommended for the arthouse crowd, of which I am proudly a fan. Devon Gearhart is fine as is his best friend in the film, and of course Will Patton is good as usual.

• Apr 20, 2009

Story is sort of interesting, but the casting/acting was terrible. They just through me out of this story. It's too bad because the story had a lot of potential.

• Apr 19, 2009

This movie starts out so slow, and it never really picks up steam. Badly directed, this sleep inducer should be retitled "Snail Days of Summer". The score and photography are good during awake time.