Reviews

• Nov 06, 2021

It was an enjoyable animated story for the family to watch about the love for animals and their true owners.

• Aug 09, 2021

Not very original in a lot of the story, humor that kids wouldn't really get so probably more of a teen movie, and had some questionable inconsistencies. Fairly predictable, but it was okay to watch.

• Jul 02, 2021

I think my twelve year old daughter said it best..'this movie sucks!' That about sums it up. Complete waste of time.

• Jun 30, 2021

I really like it and the meaning behind it. Beautiful and funny family movie❤❤❤

I really like it and the meaning behind it. Beautiful and funny family movie❤❤❤

• Jun 16, 2021

Not a good movie at all. Very cliche.

Not a good movie at all. Very cliche.

• Jun 10, 2021

Tries to be cute, but it just drags on.

Tries to be cute, but it just drags on.

• Jun 09, 2021

IN A NUTSHELL: A pampered dog named Trouble gets lost after his former owner passed away. Her greedy, adult children must find him and show how much they care in order to inherit their mother's mansion and money. From there, the plot thickens...This extremely colorful animation is family-friendly and directed by Kevin Johnson. It's not going to win any awards, but kids and dog lovers will get a kick out of it. THINGS I LIKED: I always appreciate the little details an animation team includes in their film. This one has a lot of cute attention to detail with plenty of visual gags. Colby Lopez voices the son, Norm, as well as the delivery guy in the movie. Did you know he's an American professional wrestler and is currently signed to WWE under the ring name Seth Rollins? Some voices you might recognize in the cast are Damon Wayans Jr., Jason Mraz (playing himself), Snoop Dogg (playing a funny Doberman named "Snoop" who raps a summary of the movie when the credits roll), Bette White, Joel McHale, Big Sean, Wilmer Valderrama, and more! I love the choreography the squirrels do in various scenes as an ode to West Side Story, although anyone under 40 won't understand that visual reference. One of the characters calls them "Off-Broadway Beavers." ha ha Some of their other choreography will remind viewers of Michael Jackson videos. So colorful and fun. Upbeat soundtrack and an original score by Jessica Weiss. There's an especially sweet song entitled "The World Was Made For Two." I've been reading reviews from parents who are saying their young kids are really loving this family-friendly film. THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE: It's pretty hard to relate to a rich, pampered dog. Just saying...It also seemed like he should have sounded more snooty since he had been pampered all of his life. He could have even had a British accent like the dog in Family Guy. A funny episode is Brian In Love Thurman seems to be a rip-off of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, but young kids probably won't even be familiar with that movie. Thurman is voiced by Wilmer Valderrama who is most recognized for his role as Fez on Fox's Emmy-nominated TV series That '70s Show. Some of the voices don't quite match the characters. A lot of the dog sounds and barks don't even sound like dogs. Some of the dialogue is pretty straightforward and not very witty. TIPS FOR PARENTS: Expected bum-sniffing jokes, fart humor, and a dog that humps everything. So many tired and inappropriate jokes about "nuts". The plot is simple and easy for young kids to understand. There is some talk of "dead or alive" and CSI (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The Complete Series) murder shows on TV Some insults and bullying Lots of mayhem and destruction Parents may need to explain to their kids what a will is, as they probably won't understand all of the legal ramifications involved in the inheritance. You can see the rest of my review on my Movie Review Mom YouTube channel!

• Jun 06, 2021

My kids didn't think it was fun, or funny. Too much hype, waste of time.

My kids didn't think it was fun, or funny. Too much hype, waste of time.

• Jun 05, 2021

The definition of average.

The definition of average.

• Jun 05, 2021

Just not particularly good. A weak story. Not engaging for kids. Nothing for adults. Not funny or heartfelt. Not very memorable.