Dog Pound - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dog Pound Reviews

½ October 16, 2014
Dog Pound is solid through and through. While the acting and cast is average, the script is very well put together. As far as movies on Netflix goes it's a must watch. The only problem I have with this movie is the ending, it's less than dramatic but decide for yourself.
October 2, 2014
Great film. Riveting. You have to watch this movie it is so good!
½ September 18, 2014
I think that this movie was fantastic and dark with great emotion and only one song
½ September 15, 2014
Worst. Cop out. Ever.
September 3, 2014
Dog Pound is guaranteed to frighten, crush and leave you feeling hollowed out to the point where the viewing is nauseating due to its outstandingly terrifying look at the horrors of prison life and it is all held together by its incredibly talented young cast.
½ August 4, 2014
A well-meaning but ultimately disappointing and hollow take on a juvenile center focused around the lives of three boys recently put into the system, and what they experience during their time there. For the first half of the film, it is surprisingly gripping and realistically filmed and plotted. However, in the second half of the movie it veers left into "melodrama" territory, where you hardly start to believe anything that is happening and the story takes its lenses off of the boys in the facility and instead makes a hail-mary middle-finger attempt at the correctional officers. The acting is pretty good, about what you would expect for an indie film. In the end though, there are just too many scenes that feel fake and forced, not to mention pretty predictable, and the film never seems to decide what it wants to be truly about anyways.
½ July 11, 2014
A decent indie, if a little uneven, cheesy and unrealistic in places.
June 17, 2014
Was absolutely terrific. Watched it more than once. The absolute hopelessness and depressing atmosphere of this movie is spot on. Adam Butcher played his Character extremely well.
June 9, 2014
Great movie. Really shows what your actions can cause you to go through. Emotions run high in this movie so beware.
½ April 8, 2014
Likeable characters. The problem is that they're placed in a situation rather than a story.
January 30, 2014
Great movie!
Brutal Adrenaline! I didn't know about this movie till like a month it came out then it got popular on Netflix and I said what the hell I ll give it try. So I like fighting so if you love heart pounding movies watch this and if you give it less then a 2 you dk fight movies well
½ January 24, 2014
A surprisingly gripping movie that was well acted and well presented. Very well done.
January 16, 2014
One of the best and most original indies I've seen in a while. I suggest it to anyone.
½ January 7, 2014
The ending ruined a pretty decent movie.
January 6, 2014
Pretty accurate for a 90 day program in juvi... expect for the over the top dramatizations. The riot and beat ups explain why the tables in a real jdc weigh 40 lbs, seats built into tables screwed into the ground, no one allowed to be unattended (and randomly roaming around), and why all the sporks/cups need to be counted and taken back after meals. Besides that and the beat ups and the dickheads (Banks...) this is a pretty realistic summary.
½ December 23, 2013
Brutal and Harsh don't begin to describe Dog Pound. A story about a juvenile detention "prison" and its occupants might be a bit exaggerated but the acting done by Adam Butcher as the angry ring leader of the boys is beyond his years.
½ December 22, 2013
Um...I was into it wondering where it was going then it ended. Idk. What was shown was OK I guess.
½ December 18, 2013
I've seen better fucked up prison movies, but I've seen much worse. This one delivers every cliche you want out of a prison movie, and it's pretty violent. I liked it!
December 15, 2013
Better remake of '79 Scum.
December 10, 2013