Doggie B - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doggie B Reviews

May 9, 2013
An amazingly quirky, fun family film. Just listen to our pups, they lead us to our dreams.
January 21, 2013
Horrible. Fun to watch and make fun of though
September 8, 2012
This is one excellent movie. The kids love it and asked to see it again. Laughter and action the whole time.
September 6, 2012
I really like awful dog movies, they are amazing!
September 2, 2012
Doggie B throws a big bone to the Wizard of Oz. My daughter absolutely loved this movie. Take your kid for sure but lots of adults in the audience were really into it and they didn't all have children with them. A great must see family film with San Francisco as a very creative stand-in for the Emerald City. Best tribute to the Wizard of Oz yet. Certainly the first Wizard of Oz for dogs, Toto would be proud. Can understand why it won the audience favorite award out of 70 features at Sonoma and now it is playing at Landmark Opera Plaza here in San Francisco. It will be a cult classic as well as a beloved children's movie all in one, a first. Romanus is a master of cheese, camp and family fun so hope he makes more as I never imagined a G-rated John Waters in the making. Unthinkable!
September 1, 2012
Unlike many films that claim to be "family films", Doggie B actually delivers. Little kids will enjoy happy, dancing canines and tweens and teens will enjoy the slightly rebellious Cassie and her burgeoning, chaste romance with Roman (nephew of the evil Gertrude). Adults will appreciate that in every frame it is obvious that writer/director Romanus Wolter is a true lover of movies. From the obvious homages to films like The Wizard of Oz,101 Dalmatians, and Technicolor films in general to winks and nods to modern classics such as Saturday Night Fever, Doggie B fills the screen with brilliant colors and an amazing, quirky take on a classic tale (or is it "tail") of good versus evil.
½ August 27, 2012
Wizard of Oz fan? Beetlejuice lover? Best in Show fan? WAnt something up, inspirational, quirky and unique? LOVE DOGS? Having trouble finding something for the whole family that is't sappy? Run, don't walk to see this! Feel good without the sap! Great music, colors, costumes, acting, and stunts... and that's just the dogs! Get a load of the humans in this too!
August 27, 2012
Sometimes there are movies that come out that just change the way we think about film. This is one of them. Do not miss your chance on Doggie B.
August 25, 2012
marmaduke was enough
August 18, 2012
I saw this at the Sonoma Independent Film festival, where it received the most popular votes from audiences of all 25 films shown.
This a cute and clever film made locally in San Francisco, and the various characters are over-the-top in the best sense.
It has been described - very accurately - as a John Waters' film for kids. It has it's own retro style by the bucket load, the sets rocked, and the actors were great fun to watch.
i understand that this film has also been shown as a fundraiser for various humane society/dog rescue outfits.
If you love dogs - see this! Become an acolyte of Barkananda!!!