A Dog's Breakfast - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Dog's Breakfast Reviews

March 10, 2016
I thought the humor was really spot on. I enjoyed it enough to purchase the DVD which is exactly what I did.
December 15, 2015
I was a fan of SG-A so when I saw that David had done his own film I thought I'd give it a go. I've watched it a hand full of times now and it never fails to make me laugh. It is an easy watch and would recommend to anyone who likes a good giggle ^_^
January 5, 2014
Whats funny is this movie was classified as a Horror film. I would have classified it as a Comedy too, because it was so incredibly stupid I laughed! I wasted an hour and a half of my already torturous schedule. Thanks David Hewitt for teaching me that I do, in fact, have a future in film making, as I am sure my skill level at the very least matches that of yours.
September 14, 2013
hilarious with a pinch of mystery
May 20, 2013
I loved this movie. It was a funny, charming, clever, creative, mock horror and I can tell there was a lot of work put into it despite being simple and low budget. A hidden gem.
March 9, 2013
A devilishly clever and funny black-comedy film. With clever and entertaining direction, a simple yet pointed and satirical script, and some great performances from both Hewletts and McGillion, it's hard to pick flaws in it. Even the music score works brilliantly to give the correct ambiance of the films nature. A very funny and very clever film.
December 17, 2012
Middle of the road dark comedy.
December 17, 2012
Two "Paws" Up!
I want to watch it again!
August 24, 2012
The movie rocked! Pure awesomeness :) David and Paul are fantastic actors and have a great sense of humor. This movie is definitely´╗┐ worth seeing :)
½ July 12, 2012
This isn't too bad of a dark comedy. I can see why some people really like it. It's predictable, but does have some funny moments.
½ July 1, 2012
The best thing about this film (besides all the Stargate references which I loved as an avid Stargate fanboy.) is that rather than focusing on anything particular it chooses to simply be hilarious. It gives the actors a chance to show of just how talented they truly are while being outrageously funny, David Hewlett masterfully concocted a story that not only keeps you intrigued, but is so beautifully subtle that you wonder how it isn't so much more popular being as great as it is.
If you enjoy dark comedy films this is HIGHLY recommended haven't laughed so much in a long time. A great film.
March 19, 2012
WOW. Not even sure what to say here. LOL. Definitely entertaining, very warped, a lot of hilarious moments. That being said, why didn't it get more than 3 stars?? I don't know, it's just...I don't know. Watch it, you'll see. :P Favorite part of the movie: the role of "Patrick". He's a complete nut who is deadset against his sister getting married, and devises a plan to get rid of his soon to be brother-in-law. The plan(s) backfire and then with no help from him somehow the guy ends up dead. Terrified, he tries to hide the body, but then thinks he's being haunted for wanting the guy dead in the first place. His reactions to this "haunting" are hilarious, although how the poor guy just didn't give up after all that and admit himself in the mental institute I have no clue! haha.
½ March 7, 2012
Very amusing, but a little bit dark (but still very funny) movie, with only Stargate actors in it:))) Hewlett is a genius;)))))
February 25, 2012
What did I just watch!?
January 28, 2012
I want to see this for the cast of the Stargate TV Shows, and especially because it was David Hewlett's film.
November 19, 2011
I remember seeing this with a friend and thinking about how stupid it was, but because of that it's pretty funny.
November 19, 2011
A laugh-out-loud hilarious dry horror-comedy that will have you in pieces by the end.
November 16, 2011
Fun movie!! Watch it Cumbee!!
September 22, 2011
Two "Paws" Up!
I want to watch it again!
July 3, 2011
One of the best low-budget independent movies I've ever seen! "A Dog's Breakfast" is a dark, wickedly funny comedy and a perfect example of what can be made out of ONE set only and a handful of awesome actors. A must-see for all "Stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis)" fans but I can definitely recommend it to everyone else as well. Especially David Hewlett is hilarious in this direct-to-DVD release but he was perfectly supporteed by his sister Kate and the adorable Paul McGillion and it is totally obvious that the guys had a hell lot of fun shooting this dark comedy. Rent the DVD and enjoy! ^^