$ (Dollars) (The Heist) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

$ (Dollars) (The Heist) Reviews

½ October 25, 2014
This ended up being quite a suspenseful, ingenious bank heist film capped off with one of the best all-time chases in move history.
March 27, 2014
another crime caper pix with a lil comedy thrown in.
July 23, 2013
Criminally underrated and largely unseen film from 1971. One of the best "heist" films ever made. Great score by Quincy Jones too.
½ June 25, 2012
it is the funniest and most suspenseful heist movie ever.
Critique Threatt
November 20, 2011
The film lingers on way too much on the mechanics of the robbery. Goldie Hawn is quite good but I wasn't sure if she was an actress I could ever take seriously. Warren Beatty is good and dashing as ever back in this 1971 picture. I knew this would be a heist movie but it's a different kind of heist movie and yet more complex then any other heist picture I have ever seen. I also took notice of the director Richard Brooks who gives a nod to the 64 picture "Goldfinger" by casting Gert Frobe who played Auric Goldfinger in $ Frobe is a bank owner who cautiously watches his most prized possession of a huge block of gold rested at his bank.

$ may sound like a cool caper but I didn't really enjoy this picture. The pacing goes on much too long and I kinda wanted to see something more and I wanted to know more about the characters then the heist plan and climax. The long chase scene feels like a downer but I was surprised when Beatty's character was pulled under the rug by the Hawn character. Broks should have ended it there but instead sells out and goes for a cheap hollywood ending.
May 28, 2011
good stuff interesting crime caper let's pair goldie up with another leading man though this is pairing number two for these kids awesome music score by quincy jones & little richard.
May 4, 2011
Turned it off. Dated and slow. Goldie Hawn plays a hooker. That's the one star.
December 27, 2010
Wow, what a chase scene. Not a bunch of explosions and crashes, but a great chase scene where characters you've invested interest in are at stake. Also, I think this movie spawned the original Donkey Kong. Warren Beatty and Goldie Hawn and their 70's sexiest and an ingenious heist, that might even work today!.
December 21, 2010
You can guess by the titles that this is a heist movie. It's not bad, but it's just like all the other heist movies out there, nothing new. Overall, it's okay.
½ July 9, 2010
$$$: A classic Goldie Hawn movie granted you may want to see Private Benjiman much better movie with Hawn... Did you know Kate Hudson is her daughter? Whoa they look alike just see Le Devorice...
January 27, 2010
An up beat heist caper, that is as clever as is funny.
½ September 21, 2009
*** (out of four)

Witty and fast moving caper film with Warren Beatty and Goldie Hawn as two thieves who rob a German bank and and then find that a group of thugs are close on their tail.
February 10, 2009
Ducking awesome, smart and hilarious.
December 8, 2008
Light and entertaining, pleasing performances. Rather typical 1970's style. Good story and screenplay. Nothin great but quite watchable.
October 1, 2008
A stylish and slick heist film. It gets by on Goldie Hawn and Warren Beatty's likability, charisma and chemistry with each other. The movie benefits from a European setting and a funky score composed by Quincy Jones. Not the best of its genre, but still fun and entertaining to a certain extent.
½ September 24, 2008
A somewhat underrated comedy suspenser that has aged well but is clearly over long.
½ May 8, 2008