Dolls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dolls Reviews

½ September 13, 2016
Very beautiful and melancholic, Kitano at his most mature--as he knows even an ideal such as never-ending love must come only at so steep a price.
June 14, 2015
Slow burn where the payoffs huge.Not for people lacking patients.
December 13, 2014
The exploration of themes of Love and Death is amazing as they are treated in a wholly opposite manner; Love in the cases of Sawako, Nyuiki and Ryoko destroy, on the other hand, Death is the culmination of efforts of sorts for Nyuiki, The leashed beggars and even Hiro.
November 16, 2014
her izledi?imde etkileyen say?l? filmlerden...
½ November 15, 2014
What are we but broken hearted Dolls, roaming a cruel, vast, silent world?
½ March 13, 2014
Didn't really connect with me emotionally, but it isn't bad. Hisaishi's score again makes it all seem kinda mushy and sentimental when it shouldn't be.
January 3, 2014
This very slow film is a bit of a torture to watch for any person who's not used to contemplative Japanese cinema. It's a million years always from any regular films or storyline we are used to watch at the movies but it's shot like a dream and done with such talent, patience and beauty it deserves a look, just once i agree but a look anyways just to see something different.
September 17, 2013
Depressingly beautiful
½ March 20, 2013
Well, nice movie, but the overall drama is way too forced. This makes it trivial.
February 18, 2013
simply beautiful. kitano is my G.
ElCochran90
½ December 26, 2012
Kitano's most harmonic and beautiful achievement about separated stories that deal with human beings and their deep psychology.

87/100
December 25, 2012
This film is lovely but decidedly confusing... I'm not sure if I like it or not yet. I might need a second viewing to decide.
December 7, 2012
Could watch this sometime if i can find.
December 2, 2012
A poetic, calm yet tough, beautiful movie; both in terms of visual and story.
November 16, 2012
Il pi¨ straziante e poetico film sull'amore che abbia mai visto. Le storie orientali sono sempre silenziose ed estreme nello stesso tempo. Ma si vede che Kitano Ŕ anche un pittore.
November 4, 2012
It is my number one film. My all time favorite. I described it at as a tale of love and rejection, but Kitano feels it is more about selfishness. Still, I fell in love with it and the imagery is absolutely stunning.
October 24, 2012
It's beautiful and poetic but lacks the spakle when Kitano is not in his own movie. It's less fun. Or is it just me?
September 9, 2012
Three somber love stories poetically told. Great camera work and bright beautiful colors, red dominating. Too slow, though.
½ August 16, 2012
All accolades for this film cinematography are wholly deserved. The story telling is clean, but scatterbrained. The final result is an elegant film that falls just short of being a real masterpiece.
July 8, 2012
Amazingly beautiful and beyond the level of any other movie out there. It is perfect, unique, and...there aren't any adjectives worthy of this film. It's indescribable.