Dolly Dearest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dolly Dearest Reviews

September 26, 2012
"Dolly Dearest" is a surprisingly well-made and enjoyable horror movie filled with some good scares....the acting is okay and there is a little bit of gore.....Candy Hutson,as a doll's best friend is reasonably creepy herself........so give this movie a chance and you'll not be disappointed....
August 13, 2012
I watched because I like murderous dolls. That's about all that was good. The fact that I like the idea.
July 24, 2012
Everyone seems to hate on this movie. I thought it was great. Having said that the story pretty lame, the actors are unappealing, and the production value leaves much to be desired.

But, i thought it was fun as hell to watch and it's a great little time warp to the 90s. Any self respecting horror fan should watch it.
July 22, 2012
Long time since I seen this one...
½ July 7, 2012
Weird knock off of Childs Play. The girl version of Chucky
April 14, 2012
Cheesy but decent killer doll flick. More like Poltergeist than Child's Play.
February 23, 2012
Enjoyed the mom's performance. This is total schlock but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
½ February 4, 2012
Interesting story with the results of Child's Play.
January 19, 2012
A fetid Cliche Cake of a movie, baked on an Indian burial ground and sprinkled with despair.
½ October 16, 2011
NevetsĂ (C)ges Ă"men, GyerekjátĂ (C)k katyvasz a megszállt babárĂłl meg a sátán fiárĂłl. SzerencsĂ (C)re kellĹ'en komolyan veszi magát ezĂ (C)rt a röhögĹ'görcs garantált.
½ July 28, 2011
A "Child's Play" Wanna be, but it had a good story and a very scary\creepy antagonist.
July 16, 2011
this independent film was pretty good i liked the female version of chucky
June 18, 2011
I've seen way too many movies to pick one for the title of "Worst Movie I've Ever Seen," but this one is definitely a contender. I mean, I didn't expect it to be amazing. It was made in 1992 and it's another cookie cutter "horror" flick about possessed, sinister and evil toys. But this isn't even bad in a "so bad it's good" kind of way. It's just... bad. Don't waste your time.
March 31, 2011
Dolls that look like throwbacks from "Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie" and ancient demons are the story of this turkey. A lady that looks like Rosalita from "The Goonies" gets killed, which I thought was an enjoyable sequence, however the rest of this one is largely forgettable. Some pretty crappy acting by most everyone, especially the little girl. Also starring the wife from "Pet Sematary" as Mom.
February 26, 2011
May not have been the best acting and visual effects were kinda lame in the beginning but I was entertained and that's good
½ February 24, 2011
Not the best killer dolly film in the world, but its watchable. And it has Denise Crosby in it, so bonus. Sort of a mix between Childs Play and The Exorcist.
February 1, 2011
Awful! ..and beyond boring. It's not scary or good. Don't waste your time, it's all too predictable.
½ January 12, 2011
well its a Child's Play Rip off. The acting isn't the greatest, the plot was rather weird but it wasn't the worst movie I've seen. The dolls are definitely creepy. Its worth a watch if ur into the genre.
January 11, 2011
If you liked the Chucky Movies, you would like this movie. Basically there's a crypt in ancient times where a child with a devilish goat head releases an evil under certain circumstances. This Evil entity takes control of the "Dolly Dearest" Dolls, and they come alive and possess the little girl, and wreak havoc on their family. I've seen worse... I've seen Better!
January 6, 2011
Satanic presence enters a child's doll after escaping an archeological dig nearby, transforming it to a deranged playmate who has it in for the religious housekeeper. Inspired by Chucky.