Dolphin Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dolphin Tale Reviews

November 7, 2015
I guess I just have a really soft spot for this film. While there are a few scenes that are so bad that they never should have made it into the film, but the majority of this movie is just a pure delight. Yes, I shed a few happy tears. Definitely worth watching at least once with the family.
September 15, 2015
Surprisingly, I was charmed and enthralled by this movie. REALLY wonderful family entertainment :)
August 11, 2015
Rating: 79%
Dolphin Tale has a great human (and dolphin) cast, with a touching and inspirational story as well as relatable characters.
August 2, 2015
Dolphin Tale is a fun and inspiring movie for the whole family to be delighted, even if the plot may be a bit predictable
½ August 2, 2015
It's boring so boring!
June 20, 2015
Have you been fishing?

A boy discovers a dolphin caught in a rope on the beach on his way to school one day. This random encounter would change his life forever. The dolphin is transferred to a local marine biology facility. They need to remove the dolphin's fin and try to develop a resource that can replace the fin. The facility is about to go out of business causing the effort to save the dolphin to become very time sensitive.

"No one wants an animal with a disability."

Charles Martin Smith, director of Air Bud, Dolphin Tale 2, Boris and Natasha, The Snow Walker, Roughing It, and Trick or Treat delivers Dolphin Tale. The storyline for this picture is fairly straightforward. It's also predictable. The acting is limited and below average. The cast includes Ashley Judd, Harry Connick Jr, Kris Kristofferson, Morgan Freeman, and Nathan Gamble.

"Can you swim?"

I recently came across this on HBOGO and thought these would be fun to watch with my daughter. She thought it was funny and watched it for the most part. It definitely didn't hold her attention but she watched most of it. This is a below average film that is only worth watching on cable but I wouldn't pay to see it.

"Family is forever."

Grade: C-
June 20, 2015
I feel happy and sad in this movie I was happy because winter I fall sad in this movie because winter is still Hurt because of her spin and I loved the movie
½ June 19, 2015
Excellent family film about a real life dolphin rescue...and there are quite a few big name actors & actresses ! 3.5 stars
June 10, 2015
watching this movie made me wanna go back to the aquarium of the pacific of long beach ca
May 29, 2015
Great family movie. I loved it.
May 19, 2015
Surprisingly good with a decent amount of laughs and moving moments.
May 14, 2015
What could be worse than a movie about literally any sports team overcoming obvious obstacles? A movie with virtually the same plot except the generic sports team was replaced with a "boy" who looks like a 45 year old man with a 401K and a dolphin. I have a deep hatred for those types of movies so it's no surprise I cringed, sighed and had to continuously stop myself from placing a noose around my neck. I'd rather have my period for an entire year or only watch Twilight for the rest of my life than ever see this movie again. Honestly out of ever crazy amazing true story thing that has happened in real life they make a movie out of this. And while I have a big amount of love and respect for dolphins I would not rather see it made into a movie. Thus is one of those stories that would have made a way better documentary (if it had been done right the first time!) One star for how awesome dolphins are.
April 14, 2015
LOVE THIS MOVIE FOR LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE
April 10, 2015
Very heartfelt and inspirational
March 31, 2015
Well-made everywhere with a radiating message, remarkable young talent, and one fantastic dolphin!
½ March 22, 2015
This was really good! A great feel good movie. I thought it was really well done.
March 15, 2015
I love it but it won't load
March 7, 2015
this

this is the best movie ever y'all it really is the sweetest movie ever