Domino - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Domino Reviews

½ November 29, 2014
made by douche bag for douche bags about douche bags. I can't imagine anyone actually liking this except Kid Rock and Dog the Bounty Hunter.
November 16, 2014
An awful movie & an awful mess from the plot to how it was all filmed. How are you even going to enjoy a film if the camera won't stop moving. I'm not taking about jerky camera movement but movement like someone is having a serious seizure behind it. Is it supposed to make the film gritty & real? Because all it accomplished was me suffering a minor headache. Only good thing about this movie was Keira Knightley not being type cast as some girl next door type/girl you love to bring home to the parents but as a kick ass bad girl your mother warned you about! Based on a true story, in a way, about a model & daughter of an actor who turns her back on wealth for the excitement of being a bounty hunter.
October 7, 2014
I actually remembered this movie for some reason and have been trying to find where I can watch it again. I remember really liking it.....I'm a Dog the Bounty Hunter fan though. I watch......A LOT of movies and there are many I hate, many I feel lukewarm about but this isn't one of them. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to watching it again.
September 2, 2014
come on its based on a real life, story, mick rourke, delroy, and of course those guys from 9021ho and that british chick, i only like her in this and in that soccer movie she did, i haven't really enjoyed her in alot, she doesn't pick any roles i like to watch her in, u know her name, kk are her intials
August 26, 2014
A tour de force of the insane. Worth a watch
August 1, 2014
A completely mental film experience, Domino is all over the place, a unique mix of biopic and visually kinetic. gonzo action madness. The unbelievably true, fascinating life story of Domino Harvey gets a little lost in all the excess, but Tony Scott uses it as a jumping off point to go all out with his hugely inventive, restless camera work and editing, this movie is an audio/visual headfuck! Keira Knightly is possibly a bit miscast but still the most appealing and surprisingly cool the sometimes annoying actress has ever been, the narrative is a loud clusterfuck and it's often pretty fucking exhausting to watch, but it's also an experimental, inventive piece of pop art brilliance, an uncategorizable madhouse of modern action film-making.
½ July 28, 2014
There is a lot going on here. Some good, but mostly bad. It's unclear what Tony Scott was doing here and why the film plays more like an elaborate music video than a comprehensive film. However, the real life story behind the film is fascinating, and you can't say Scott wasn't original in his take on a biopic
July 25, 2014
"Inspired by" the life of film star Laurence Harvey's daughter, Domino, who really did become a bounty hunter. "Inspired by" means the don't have to make any effort to be accurate in anything they portray about her and her friends. The story is way too complex to keep track of while watching the movie -- even pausing the DVD and replaying frequently I had trouble following what was happening and why. The action and much else is entirely unrealistic. The cast, however, is very good and they give fine performances. The result is a very stylish, colorful mess of a movie. Not highly recommended but I sort of enjoyed it.
½ June 16, 2014
Didn't really care much for this one.
½ May 17, 2014
Dope style and story
½ May 17, 2014
real gritty reminds me of the early and mid 2000s
April 17, 2014
Brilliant acting, plot and characters, Domino was a brilliant film I loved it.
April 7, 2014
Es como una gran mezcla de violencia, oscuridad, maldad, adornada con una cereza (Keira) que no da la talla del papel. Para quienes les gusta este tipo de peliculas regular.
February 15, 2014
It was like an over-extended episode of CSI with its overly-stylized visuals and violence. Seeing Keira go crazy with two assault rifles was a step too far for me.
½ January 22, 2014
Based off the real life Domino Harvey, daughter of an actor and fashion model who had a comfortable life laid out for her, but she decided to go her own rebellious route and be a bounty hunter instead. This could have been interesting, but there are a number of things that just bug me about this film. Keira Nightley just isn't that interesting or likable so I don't really care for her characterization of Domino. The story was so choppy and all over the place that it is hard to remain interested. Tony Scott is at his worst in this film with tons of fast cuts and too many added color filters which become way more distracting from what is going on. This is just a mess of a film with a ton of potential.
January 12, 2014
Surprisingly clever, and intimate in a way. Worth a watch for sure.
December 26, 2013
TWO THUMBS UP....PULSES WILL POUND...HEADS YOU LIVE...TAILS YOU DIE. ;-)
November 23, 2013
Better than the reviews give it but not sure I really knew what was going on. Too long also. I enjoyed it tho and kiera knightly looked hot :)
October 27, 2013
The whole film looks to have been shot, then run through Instagram filters. It's a nauseating experience.
October 8, 2013
A very brutal and amazing drama based on a real life bounty hunter, who shall rest in peace