Donkey Xote - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Donkey Xote Reviews

½ April 13, 2016
The Worst Film, I've ever seen. Period. 0/10: You need Help.
½ August 19, 2014
Didn't bother to finish this one, it's that weak.
½ May 21, 2014
Yes, this movie is terrible and knew that going in. Worth a watch, it has a few laughs. But not because the films jokes are actually funny, more at how bad the jokes are. However Don's dream sequence (albeit very short) is terrific in capturing his legend and look almost painting like. Also, the design of the characters is unique. The idea is terrific basing it around the idea that Don wasn't crazy. However the film battles itself with what it wants to get across and being immature to make kids laugh
½ March 19, 2014
This was a very bad interpretation of Don Quijote.
½ December 20, 2013
It makes a quick shout out to Shrek, but other than that, the movie is not worth it. a wannabe Shrek film that's not even funny at all.
December 20, 2013
Una comedia sin gracia. Aun con la decente animación, sin un buen guión no llegamos a nada.
January 20, 2013
Saw it again. Fun animated spanish movie, not to diferent from other animated movies, but it only only appears to have one diference, I guess everything about this movie wa sokay, it was a fine adaptation, but the animation just coodn't make it work like it cood. First of all, this movie, at least for me, shoodn't be rated PG, this is a G movie for sure but that doesn't matter. Other thing, was surprised when I read the stupiedest thing ever in the front of the poster, I mean, from the producers who have watched Shrek, that was probably the worst think they cood make up so they make thi smovie a bit more sucsseful. Overall, this is a spanish animation that I like to consider good, but the animatioin it self is not that good, kids will defenitly like it and laugh about it, grown ups not so much, but I did, I laughed some times and I was entertained, this is not the best animated movie ever made, but it's memorable by being good. Recommeded movie. Grade: C.
July 11, 2012
how i can see it in here ?
April 7, 2012
No es una mala pelicula pero tampoco una tan buena. Si eres fan del caballero andante Don Quijote, tal vez te guste, pero si te dejaras llevar por la version del burro Rucio, tal vez no la quieras ni ver en pintura. Simplemente una buena animacion y tiene algo de comedia de por medio. Pero creo que basta con leerse el libro de Cervantes y verse su version Broadway en youtube llamada 'MAN OF LA MANCHA'. Enjoy and HASTA LA PROXIMA AMIGOS/AS! CHAO! BLESS YOU ALL!!! PD: No le di 5/5 porque tenia partes demasiado lentas y cuando volvia a tener ritmo...simplemente volvia a caer a lento. Un 3 de 5 basta para mi.
April 2, 2012
Oh! Wow that is a terrible movie, end up hating her. And the main failure of the whole film is absolutely no point, everything is all bad and falls into the boring and tedious. The story is quite distorted to the point where you feel ridiculous. Just a failed attempt to take a story that pretended to be funny, to a movie.
January 11, 2012
August 21, 2011
I was very skeptical about this movie, but it turned out that I actually found it pretty enjoyable. I don't think this is the kind of animated film that young kids can enjoy, but as a fan of Man of La Mancha I found this pretty amusing. I doubt I'd be likely to watch it again, but it's definitely worth watching once.
½ May 15, 2011
Those unfamiliar with Don Quixote might get lost.
March 2, 2011
A plain but enjoyable story based on Don Quixote. While a little silly at times, it is a nice movie I'd let kids watch. If you enjoy Quixote stuff, you shouldn't pass this up. If you're new to Quixote, you won't be too lost and there's enough goofiness to make kids happy without ruining the movie.

I enjoyed it and would buy a copy.
February 27, 2011
Absolutely awful! And there are parts of it that are totally unsuitable for children!
December 18, 2010
The use of profanity in Spanish was not pleasant. My three year old and I were watching the movie and I was caught off guard. I couldn't believe they used the word ass____ in Spanish in a Disney movie! The storyline was boring and my daughter lost interest. What a waste of time and money.
½ November 16, 2010
very weak story !! meaningless end !! try to be funny !! but could not !!
January 21, 2010
No me gusto ni medio... capaz es por no ser espanol, asi que no le voy a poner media estrellita... Aburrido, los chistes no causan nada, y quiere ser creativa pero es tonta...
½ November 19, 2009
It looked surprisingly good, and was kind of fun, with a few jabs thrown at the unworthy Shrek movies. But for adults, it holds no real pleasures, just a mild sense of amusement.