Reviews

• Sep 10, 2021

Would you believe my main method of "seeing" this movie was from the video game tie-in? Yes, I got the video game adaptation, at the height of licenced games' popularity, years ago for the PS2 as a present. I barely remember a thing but it never came off to me as remarkably awful. Not that I played it as religiously as I did SpongeBob video games anyway. Donkey Xote is a Spanish animated film that just exists. The animation is serviceable, the English voice acting is okay and I found the pun amusing once I got it. But it mostly exists just to cash in on Shrek's massive popularity, released a few months after The Third came out in cinemas. They don't even try to hide their inspiration, having the tagline proudly proclaim "From the producers who saw Shrek" and having the donkey make a comment about it in the beginning. The donkey has none of the wit or comedic timing of his DreamWorks counterpart. It's telling that his only memorable line is a shout-out to the Eddie Murphy character. And of course, the soundtrack. Another representation of what was wrong with most non-Pixar computer-animated films before Kung Fu Panda came out. The plot? I think you'd be better off reading the original Don Quixote novel instead. I don't really have much to say about what is literally a glorified Shrek mockbuster, other than...I had a really amusing experience watching this film in the form of FMV sequences for the video game tie-in. I didn't even realise those were movie clips and not invented for the game until a later stage in my life. So, that's a cutesy little life story from me about a forgotten Spanish film with a silly little pun whose producers are most famous for having seen Shrek and designed their donkey to look like THE Donkey. Here's to never having a once-in-a-blue-moon experience such as that ever again.

• Oct 12, 2017

This film is beautiful

This film is beautiful

• Mar 28, 2016

The Worst Film, I've ever seen. Period. 0/10: You need Help.

The Worst Film, I've ever seen. Period. 0/10: You need Help.

• Aug 19, 2014

Didn't bother to finish this one, it's that weak.

Didn't bother to finish this one, it's that weak.

• Mar 19, 2014

This was a very bad interpretation of Don Quijote.

This was a very bad interpretation of Don Quijote.

• Dec 20, 2013

It makes a quick shout out to Shrek, but other than that, the movie is not worth it. a wannabe Shrek film that's not even funny at all.

• Dec 20, 2013

Una comedia sin gracia. Aun con la decente animación, sin un buen guión no llegamos a nada.

• Jan 20, 2013

Saw it again. Fun animated spanish movie, not to diferent from other animated movies, but it only only appears to have one diference, I guess everything about this movie wa sokay, it was a fine adaptation, but the animation just coodn't make it work like it cood. First of all, this movie, at least for me, shoodn't be rated PG, this is a G movie for sure but that doesn't matter. Other thing, was surprised when I read the stupiedest thing ever in the front of the poster, I mean, from the producers who have watched Shrek, that was probably the worst think they cood make up so they make thi smovie a bit more sucsseful. Overall, this is a spanish animation that I like to consider good, but the animatioin it self is not that good, kids will defenitly like it and laugh about it, grown ups not so much, but I did, I laughed some times and I was entertained, this is not the best animated movie ever made, but it's memorable by being good. Recommeded movie. Grade: C.

• Jul 11, 2012

how i can see it in here ?

how i can see it in here ?

• Apr 07, 2012

No es una mala pelicula pero tampoco una tan buena. Si eres fan del caballero andante Don Quijote, tal vez te guste, pero si te dejaras llevar por la version del burro Rucio, tal vez no la quieras ni ver en pintura. Simplemente una buena animacion y tiene algo de comedia de por medio. Pero creo que basta con leerse el libro de Cervantes y verse su version Broadway en youtube llamada 'MAN OF LA MANCHA'. Enjoy and HASTA LA PROXIMA AMIGOS/AS! CHAO! BLESS YOU ALL!!! PD: No le di 5/5 porque tenia partes demasiado lentas y cuando volvia a tener ritmo...simplemente volvia a caer a lento. Un 3 de 5 basta para mi.