Donkeys Reviews

• Jan 11, 2014

A wonderful dark comedy about forgiveness, friendship and confronting a gone-by past. Superbly shot in Glasgow.

• Dec 20, 2013

This one's ace. I forgot to record it off air, and I'm so glad I went back and picked it up via iPlayer. It's very plausibly Glasgow; the characters and scenario are harshly credible. It's a comedy, and a tragedy. beautifully filmed, excellent score, lovely plot line. Characterisation of the whole cast is good, and James Cosmo is outstanding.

• Dec 09, 2013

This is a dark comedy with some good humorous elements to the family reconciliation storyline, although there's little that sends you away feeling good about yourself at the end. However it's a very strong production and this what you remember first and foremost.

• Nov 11, 2010

An understated and unexpected family drama, in which a Glaswegian OAP tries to make amends with his estranged daughter before retiring to Spain with a long suffering best friend, featuring distinctly low production values but credible performances that communicate a surprising emotional depth.